Is Bleed Filter working ?

Hi,

I'm having trouble obtaining a clean compression. When compressing with the old compressor (3.20), everything is fine, except i can't build 4096x4096 texture.
But when using the new compressor, i observe lot of glitches as shown in the image below.

Is it a known bug? Is there a way to avoid those artifacts?

Thanks a lot,
Gregory.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B8KK6T_E74zyaEhLRGdMVnI1Sms/edit

Azreal422012-07-30 16:07:48

Hi Azreal,

I'm not aware of any bugs with this, also i'm not sure from your image which image is which? If you could you send an email to DevTech@imgtec.com and attach a sample image which shows the issue, I'd be glad to take a look at it and see what's what. Also if you could include a list of the steps you use to compress it (i.e. Do you use the GUI or CL, and which (if any) pre-process options do you use), then I can attempt to reproduce the issue and find a solution.

Thanks,

Tobias

Tobias2012-07-30 16:51:35

Hi Tobias,

You should have received my mail with all the needed information.

Thanks a lot,
Greg.

Hi Greg,

I haven’t received your email yet - did you send it from a different email than the one you registered on the forums?

Thanks,

Tobias

Hi Greg,

Got your email this time, looks like there was a bug with the bleed filter which meant it wasn’t actually being called at any point in the code.

I’ve fixed this bug for the next release - if this is blocking you at all, feel free to send another email to DevTech (your pro account has been added to a safe list) and I should be able to provide you with a version that has the fix in it.

Thanks,

Tobias