Capture Eaglview / render buffer to UIImage data

Hello,

I’m working on an augmented reality app that shows video input on a uiview, with a transparent OpenGL ES 2.0 Eaglview on top of it (opaque=NO and glcleared with alpha 0.0). Working great. I can capture a still of the video input to UIImage data, and save that to the iPhone’s photoalbum. That obviously doesn’t automagically include the eaglview’s layer content. So I basically need to capture the opengl rendered frame to UIImage data as well, so I can merge it with the camera still before saving it to the photoalbum. After messing around with this for a day trying several approaches I

figured I ask here because I think the problem I have is not being able

to connect this to the Eaglview in the imgtec sdk.

Here’s a Q&A article from Apple that explains exactly how to do it:
http://developer.apple.com/library/ios/#qa/qa1704/_index.html

I changed the following lines (I use ES 2.0):

Code:
// Get the size of the backing CAEAGLLayer glGetRenderbufferParameteriv(GL_RENDERBUFFER, GL_RENDERBUFFER_WIDTH, &backingWidth); glGetRenderbufferParameteriv(GL_RENDERBUFFER, GL_RENDERBUFFER_HEIGHT, &backingHeight);

and removed the first line because I'm calling it after the same line in EndRender ('Before' the presentBuffer as stressed in the Apple doc), like so:
Code:

if(_msaaMaxSamples && _enableMSAA){
        glDisable(GL_SCISSOR_TEST);
        glBindFramebuffer(GL_READ_FRAMEBUFFER_APPLE, _msaaFrameBuffer);
        glBindFramebuffer(GL_DRAW_FRAMEBUFFER_APPLE, _framebuffer);
        glResolveMultisampleFramebufferAPPLE();
    }

if(_enableFramebufferDiscard){
        GLenum attachments[] = { GL_COLOR_ATTACHMENT0, GL_DEPTH_ATTACHMENT, GL_STENCIL_ATTACHMENT };
        glDiscardFramebufferEXT(GL_READ_FRAMEBUFFER_APPLE, 3, attachments);
    }

glBindRenderbuffer(GL_RENDERBUFFER, _renderbuffer);

if (_takeSS) { //bool is
        [self snapUIImage];
        _takeSS = NO;
    }

if(![_context presentRenderbuffer:GL_RENDERBUFFER])
        printf("Failed to swap renderbuffer in %sn", __FUNCTION__);

Tried several variations (similar to the code Apple posted) and buffer bindings and locations to call the function but I end up getting white images in my photo album. Can someone point me in the right direction? I noticed the capture functions in the PVRshell but I don't want to save to bmp file, need alpha channel and in UIImage format to merge with the camera capture.

TIA!

Solved. Just needed to bind the framebuffer explicitly. I wonder if that because of the glDiscardFramebufferEXT… Wacko