How to run my OpenGLES application on Windows desktop using PVRFrame or PVR Shell

Hi,
I am very new to the PowerVR world. I have developed a basic OpenGLES application and want to run it in my Windows desktop using PowerVR. I have read it is possible using PVR Frame. How do we run the application in PVR Frame ? What is the difference between PVR Frame and PVR Shell ? How do I run a OpenGLES application in PVR Shell?

Hi basaks,

You can download the latest version of PVRFrame from https://www.imgtec.com/developers/powervr-sdk-tools/installers/.

In your PVRVFrame/Library installation folder you’ll find the folders Windows_x86_32 and Windows_x86_64. In order to execute an OpenGL ES .exe file, you have two options:

1. Temporal option: Copy the files libEGL.dll, libGLES_CM.dll and libGLESv2.dll from the corresponding folder (Windows_x86_32 or Windows_x86_64 depending on whether your OpenGL ES application was built for 32 or 64 bit) to the same folder where your OpenGL ES .exe file is located.

2. Permanent option: Add libEGL.dll, libGLES_CM.dll and libGLESv2.dll to C:\Windows:

• Put 32-bit libraries in C:\Windows\SysWOW64
    • Put 64-bit libraries in C:\Windows\System32

This second option allows to use the dlls for any OpenGL ES .exe that you might run in your system. Remember to update those libraries as new versions of PVRFrame are released.

In both cases you’ll be ready to run your OpenGL ES .exe file.

Regarding PVR Shell, it is a programming framework with all the functionalities you need to code with platform abstraction.

Best regards,
Alejandro