OpenCL kernel build info

Hi all,

I’m using SDK version 2.07.27.0319

I can’t get a build information from clGetProgramBuildInfo function. It returns empty string

Is it possible somehow to get that information ?

thanks in advance

We have not released an OpenCL SDK and as far as I know no public implementation of OpenCL is available for POWERVR hardware to date so we do not support this API at the moment.

I’m unsure as to what you’re actually doing - are you linking against another vendors’ OpenCL implementation on desktop? What components of which SDK are you trying to use?

Gordon wrote:
as far as I know no public implementation of OpenCL is available for POWERVR hardware to date

Then you should consider not claiming so on the home page.

It says there:

All major APIs are supported including OpenGL ES 2.0/1.1, OpenVG 1.1, OpenGL 2.0/3.0 and DirectX9/10.1 and OpenCL.rolf2010-12-30 12:05:11
rolf wrote:

Then you should consider not claiming so on the home page.

It says there:

All major APIs are supported including OpenGL ES 2.0/1.1, OpenVG 1.1, OpenGL 2.0/3.0 and DirectX9/10.1 and OpenCL.

I guess that quote refers to the PowerVR hardware (some of which presumably supports OpenCL), not to the PowerVR SDKs.

It might be good to remember that PowerVR is not selling the PowerVR SDKs but the hardware IP. It's really up to the hardware vendors who employ PowerVR's IP to provide access to APIs such as OpenCL.

Think of it this way: the primary target audience of the home page are hardware vendors who are interested in licensing PowerVR's hardware IP. And these hardware vendors are mainly interested in knowing which APIs can be implemented with the hardware, i.e. which APIs are "supported" by the hardware.

Hello,

This is an old discussion, however I am also interested in OpenCL support on the SGX540 present for example in TI's OMAP4430/OMAP4460 chipcs. This video you posted in YouTube shows usage of OpenCL on the SGX540 GPU in such a chip by TI, at CES12. If you're not providing OpenCL drivers and development files for application developers, why showcase the capability at CES? TI say they're not supporting it, and pass the ball to your court.

What does an application developer need to do (license etc.) in order to do OpenCL on the SGX540 GPU?

Best regards,

Liad Weinberger.

H Liad,

We’ve demoed OpenCL on PowerVR hardware using our reference drivers to highlight that our SGX GPU’s are capable of supporting it. It’s up to our customers to then take our reference drivers and then choose to expose this functionality on their platforms. I’m not aware of any of our customers currently exposing this functionality, but this is likely to change in the near future.

At this point in time, we can only suggest that developers should use OpenCL on desktop machines and keep in mind the best ways to scale down their algorithms for mobile when OpenCL drivers are exposed on PowerVR platforms.