POWERVR Dominates Industry Benchmark

18 February 2008

POWERVR Graphics Technology Dominates Industry Benchmark

Imagination Technologies’ Joins Kishonti Development Program

GDC, San Francisco, 18th February 2008: Imagination Technologies a leader in mobile multimedia technologies has joined the GLBenchmark Development Program from Kishonti Informatics LP, a leading provider of mobile performance benchmarking software. Devices with graphics enabled by Imagination’s POWERVR graphics acceleration core family dominate the GLBenchmark, holding the top 14 slots as of 17th  February 2008.

Kishonti’s Development Program is supported by leading mobile technology manufacturers in order to enable the continued design of unbiased high quality benchmark software.

The top 14 devices in the GLBenchmark Result database as of 17th  February 2008 were (from 1-14): Nokia N93, Nokia N93i, Nokia N95, Dell Axim X51v, Nokia N95 8GB, Nokia N82, Dell Axim X50v, Motorola RIZR Z8, Nokia E90, Sony Ericsson W950i, Sony Ericsson M600i, Sony Ericsson P990i, Sony Ericsson P1i, Sony Ericsson W960i.

All fourteen devices include Imagination’s POWERVR MBX graphics acceleration technology, confirming that the de facto standard for mobile 2D, 3D and vector graphics acceleration is also the performance leader.

For the latest results see: http://www.glbenchmark.com/result.jsp

Says Laszlo Kishonti, GM, Kishonti Informatics: "The objective of the Development Program is to work in close co-operation with its members and ensure that Kishonti Informatics can design unbiased high quality benchmark products in an independent way. We are delighted to have the participation of Imagination Technologies, an industry leader in mobile multimedia."

Says Tony King-Smith, VP marketing, Imagination Technologies: "We believe that high quality benchmarks, running real world applications on real devices, are vital for the successful growth of this segment of the industry. GLBenchmark has developed into a key metric for measuring the real-world graphics performance of modern mobile handsets and we are delighted to support its ongoing development."

Other members of Kishonti’s Development Programs include: Advanced Micro Devices, ARM, Ericsson, Nokia Corporation, NVidia Corporation, Samsung Electronics, Sony Ericsson, Sun Microsystems, Sunplus mMobile Technology, Vodafone.