Please provide firmware for PowerVR G6430 1.72.4.12 present on Intel Moorefield. There is no way to make it work on mainline without it. Intel gives no easy way to get firmware - it’s not a separate file in the android system and probably not even built in the libraries
I’m working on a clean-room reverse-engineering project for the PowerVR SGX535 (Intel Poulsbo), with AI assistance and Ghidra. I’ve already managed to render hardware-accelerated triangles, although the microkernel and shader architecture are still being investigated.
I might be able to help investigate the G6430 firmware-loading process.
Have you identified the GPU’s exact BVNC, the Android kernel driver responsible for initialization, and the libraries involved?
It might be worth tracing the firmware initialization path before assuming the firmware isn’t present anywhere in the Android system.
I also found recent upstream work on the PowerVR Rogue GX6250. Its firmware isn’t necessarily compatible with the G6430, but the initialization code could provide useful clues.
If you have the relevant logs or publicly redistributable driver sources, I’d be interested in taking a look.
The kernel driver source is in GitHub - BORETS24/Marshmallow-kernel-for-Asus-Zenfone-2-ZE551ML-ZE550ML · GitHub . The exact BVNC is 1.72.4.12. It doesn’t look like the firmware is a separate file and its loading is handled by kernel - couldn’t find any under /system.
Found firmware in libsrv_init. Similar format to GX6250
rogue_1.72.4.12_v1.fw.zip (64.3 KB)
Nice!
If you need help with anything else, you can contact me here