Imagination PowerVR SDK Blog

PVRTexTool Linux_x86_64 libPVRTexLib.so gcc linker error

pvrtextool

Hi,

Seems like libPVRTexLib.so was built with old gcc pre 4.9. I can’t link it with my project:

Linux_x86_64/libPVRTexLib.so: undefined reference to '__cxa_throw_bad_array_new_length@CXXABI_1.3.8'

I’'m running CentOS 7.6. gcc --version says: gcc (GCC) 8.2.1 20180905 (Red Hat 8.2.1-3)

Is it possible to have new .so built with more recent gcc?

Thank you for your time.

Hi,

Yes, this is a known problem and we are planning to use a more recent GCC version to build our libraries shortly. We also are planing to change the library interface from C++ to C to ease these incompatibility problems. Do you need a version build with GCC 8 now or could you wait until our 19.1 release which should happen in March?

Thanks.

Carlos.

Hi Carlos,

Thank you for getting back.

At the moment we boot to Windows simply to have our texture encoded and back to Linux for development and test. I would really appreciate it and would be great if I could get access to the new build. If not then that’s fine I’ll wait until March :slight_smile:

Many thanks for your help.

Hi,

Yes, that is not a problem. As soon as we have a new build, I will make available to you so you can do some testing for us :slight_smile:

Regards

Carlos.

Hi Carlos,

Sure, would love to. Looking forward to it :).

Regards,

Pietra.