Cannot compile all but most simple shaders in PVRUniScoEditor

I’m running PVRUniScoEditor v1.5 on OSX and when the shader surpasses a certain complexity (for example forget about subfunctions), the compiler ceases to work (although the shader is correct) and I get the output “Please check compiler paths in Preferences”. At this point, I cannot use it on a fragment shader with 25 meaningful lines. 

Maybe this helps: in the terminal window I see:
"
$ /Users/<xxxx>/Documents/SDKPackage_OGLES2/Utilities/PVRUniSCoEditor/MacOS_x86_32/PVRUniSCoEditor ; exit;
Assertion failed: ((uUsedChanMask & ~psDefInst->auLiveChansInDest[uDefIdx]) == 0), function UseDefDropUnusedTemps, file …/usc2/usedef.c, line 3673.
Assertion failed: ((uUsedChanMask & ~psDefInst->auLiveChansInDest[uDefIdx]) == 0), function UseDefDropUnusedTemps, file …/usc2/usedef.c, line 3673.
"

Thank you

Hi Devbeast.

Firstly you could try using the latest version of PVRUniSCoEditor (it has now been renamed PVRShaderEditor). Not only is the UI much better on OS X, but the compiler itself has been updated with many bug fixes.

You can download this from http://www.powervrinsider.com - it’s contained in the 3.0 SDK.

Give this a try and if you’re still having issues please either leave another comment here, or email us at devtech@imgtec.com and attach the offending shader so we can analyse the issue further.

Hope this helps.