FBOs on Windows PC Emulator

Should I expect FBOs w/ a texture attachment (i.e. render to texture) to work on the Windows PC emulator? I’ve got code that works on standard Windows / OpenGL that I’ve ported to OpenGL ES 2.0. It runs w/o any errors from the SDK, but it looks like the texture appears to be un-initialized.

If it should work, are there any potential issues that I should be on the lookout for? For example, is a standard GL_RGB texture ok to accept the data since the color render buffer on ES only supports GL_RGB565?

The only major difference I can see in the code is that ES doesn’t support glDrawBuffers, but I assume that is ok, since I’m only writing to one buffer anyway.

Hi Deep,

Yes. FBOs with texture attachments should work in our PVRVFrame emulator, providing your host machine meets the minimum requirements for the version of OpenGL ES you are using (host OpenGL 2.0 support is needed for OpenGL ES 2.0 emulation, as shown here.

Are you using glGetError() to check that you’re using the OpenGL ES 2.0 API correctly? If you need an example of how to implement this in ES 2.0, you should refer to the source code of our RenderToTexture Example.

If you’re still experiencing problems, you may have hit a bug. If this seems to be the case, providing us with a reproduction of the problem using our PVRShell framework will be the easiest way for us to debug this.

Regards,

Joe