Imagination PowerVR SDK Blog

GL_TEXTURE_CROP_RECT_OES crash

Hi,
I’m trying to use the OES_draw_texture extension using the SDK 2.4 rel 2, but it crashes the application as soon the GL_TEXTURE_CROP_RECT_OES is defined.

i.e.

unsigned char tex_image[256][256 * 4]; //RGBA
    int cropRect[4] = { 0, 0, 256, 256 };

GLuint texture=0;
    glEnable(GL_TEXTURE_2D);
    glGenTextures(1, &texture);
    glBindTexture(GL_TEXTURE_2D, texture);
    glTexImage2D(GL_TEXTURE_2D, 0, GL_RGBA, 256, 256, 0, GL_RGBA, GL_UNSIGNED_BYTE, tex_image);
    glTexParameteriv(GL_TEXTURE_2D, GL_TEXTURE_CROP_RECT_OES, cropRect);//crash
    m_Extensions.glDrawTexiOES(0,0,1,256,256);//crash
[/CODE]
In previous version the extension works  good.
Thanks.

<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; unsigned char tex_image[256][256 * 4]; //RGBA<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; int cropRect[4] = { 0, 0, 256, 256 };<br><br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; GLuint texture=0;<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; glEnable(GL_TEXTURE_2D);<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; glGenTextures(1, &amp;texture);<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; glBindTexture(GL_TEXTURE_2D, texture);<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; glTexImage2D(GL_TEXTURE_2D, 0, GL_RGBA, 256, 256, 0, GL_RGBA, GL_UNSIGNED_BYTE, tex_image);<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; glTexParameteriv(GL_TEXTURE_2D, GL_TEXTURE_CROP_RECT_OES, cropRect);//crash<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; m_Extensions.glDrawTexiOES(0,0,1,256,256);//crash<br>
In previous version the extension works  good.
Thanks.

Can you tell us which platform you’re running this on?

I’m using the PVRFrame on ATI Radeon X300.
Now it not crashes on glTexParameteriv but does on glDrawTexiOES. It seems to be a problem with the OGL context. On previous versions of the SDK all the extensions works without problems.

Hi,

Thank you for reporting the problem. This issue is known and will be fixed in our next release

Kindest Regards,