How can I set depth of texture as zero by PVRTextTool?

Recently I use PVRTextTool to compress some textures to pvr texture, but I fount the default depth of textures is 1 and I want to set it as 0. I really cann’t find the setting of depth, and how can I do for it?

Hello,

I have to reckon that I do not understand your question very well. What is the “default depth”? Are you talking about creating normal maps? color depth? alpha?

Regards.

Carlos.

I think Lean is having the same problem I’m having. PowerVR SDK and all of the tools included require PowerVR GPU to run properly. Will imagination Technologies release any of their latest GPUs for developers to use PVRTextTool and other PowerVR SDK tools in the near future?

Hello,

Our Tools are designed to run on desktop Windows, Linux or MacOS so they are not required to run on (or to target) PowerVR devices. Specifically PVRTexTool can be run anywhere as it is exclusively software based. It supports all texture formats supported by OGL, OGLES, Vulkan and DirectX. It also supports PVRTC which is a format only supported on PowerVR platforms.

Regards.

Carlos.