MatrixPalette with multiple bone batches?

The MatrixPalette example that comes in the PVR OGLES10 SDK only covers the case where a mesh has a single bone batch.   Is there an example somewhere that covers the case where you’ve got multiple bone batches in a mesh? There doesn’t appear to be any examples that use CPVRTBoneBatches.

Hi,

We have an example of using multiple bone batches in our skinning example from our OGLES2 SDK. I know it's a different API to the one you're using but the code that deals with the bone batches will be the same.

Thanks,

Scott

Hi Scott, thanks for the reply. I actually got something working by picking through the Chameleon Man example in the OGLES1 SDK (to understand the POD format) and then extending the Matrix Palette example to support the Chameleon Man character model.

I observed something unusual with the Chameleon Man on the PowerVR MBX Lite however–if I export him with 8 bone matrices he renders fine, but if I export him with 9 bone matrices (which the MBX Lite supposedly supports), I get totally erroneous results. Any insight here?

Thanks!

gfm wrote:

I observed something unusual with the Chameleon Man on the PowerVR MBX Lite however--if I export him with 8 bone matrices he renders fine, but if I export him with 9 bone matrices (which the MBX Lite supposedly supports), I get totally erroneous results. Any insight here?

I can't think of any reasons for the erroneous results off the top of my head so I'm going to try and reproduce what you are seeing and get back to you. By the way which platform are you running it on?

Thanks,

Scott

Hi Scott, I appreciate you taking this up.

This is on iPhone.

gfm wrote:
Hi Scott, I appreciate you taking this up.

This is on iPhone.

Hi,

The chameleon man runs fine for me with the max bone matrices set to 9. Would it be possible for you to paste your drawing code?

Thanks,

Scott