PowerVR SDK_2016_R1.2 examples "Can't find the name of Intel ICD OpenGL driver"

I am using Dell XPS 15 9550 with GeForce GTX 960M (driver version 376.33) and Intel HD Graphics 530 (driver version 4542), Windows 10 Enterprise 1607.

The prebuilt examples (gles) give me these errors:

OpenGL ES Error

Can’t find the name of Intel ICD OpenGL driver

OK

and:

OGLESHelloAPI.exe - Application Error

The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000142). Click OK to close the application.

OK

Meanwhile my own code which uses your egl and gles library works fine. I haven’t debugged your examples further. Vulkan versions work.

Edit: In nvidia control panel I have selected use nvidia for all apps. If I change that to ingrated graphics instead, the same errors show up.

Hi Timo,

If possible could you please post the log file which is produced after you have run the application.

Edit: Did you place the required .dlls into the executable folder?

Thanks,
Shaun

There is no logfile in the directory of the executable at least.

I wasn’t aware I need to copy DLL files. After I copy libEGL.dll and libGLESv2.dll to the directory where the executable is, I do get 01_HelloAPI/OGLESHelloAPI working. So I think perhaps the examples could give more useful error message in case these required DLL files are not found.

Hi Timo,

Glad to hear that solved the issue, yes I agree the message was a little confusing however the log file which is usually produced when the application is executed usually gives a much more detailed report.

Regards,
Shaun

Turns out this laptop has, in C:\Windows\SysWOW64, these files:
[li]libEGL.dll[/li]
[li]libGLESv1_CM.dll[/li]
[li]libGLESv2.dll[/li]
My own code loads libEGL.dll and libGLESv2.dll dynamically (LoadLibrary(), GetProcAddress()). And typically I have your (IMG) dlls in the working directory, and my executables find those fine. However, on this laptop, my LoadLibrary() actually loads the ones from SysWOW64 directory instead. I queried a few strings from EGL, here are the results:
[li]Client APIs : OpenGL OpenGL_ES OpenGL_ES2[/li]
[li]Extensions : EGL_KHR_create_context[/li]
[li]Vendor : Intel[/li]
[li]Version : 1.4[/li]
I think Intel has started including EGL and GLES 1 and 2 with their drivers…