Problems with GL_NORMALIZE and packed normals

Hello, in first, I want to say thanks for yours SDKs and tools, they are very usefull for working under my loved windows 7 :slight_smile:

Im using "OGLES-1.1_WINDOWS_PCEMULATION_2.05.25.0804.msi"

I have experienced some problems:

1. I cant get to work glEnable(GL_NORMALIZE) or glEnable(GL_RESCALE_NORMAL), just nothing happens. If I using scaled GL_MODELVIEW matrix - lighting calculation is wrong  enabled those states or not, but IPhone simulator under MacOS work correct. 

2. And next, Im trying to save memory/bandwidth on IPhone and trying to pack my normals into unsigned int, so each "x, y, z" takes four bytes and have range -128..127. And here is same results, on PC its works wrong, lighting is very rough(seems like normals have unit length of 127.5), on IPhone simulator the picture is correct. Tryed enabling GL_NORMALIZE/GL_RESCALE_NORMALS - nothing changed.

If possible can you please confirm this as bug?

Or better maybe its mine mistake, and you can point me where I wrong :)

With best regards, Ivan.

PS. Im using Windows 7 Evaluation copy, build 7100, Geforce GTS-250, if its matter.
InamaTioka2009-12-08 20:52:42

Doesn’t work here either …

using Win 7 / Mobility Radeon HD 4650

Thanks Warmi for checking that!

I hope someone from IMG stuff members will check this, and tell if its possible to be fixed in future SDK releases.

Hi,

I'm very sorry for a such a delayed response. Mentioned issue is a bug [BRN#29214] and will be fixed in our vnext release (begining of the march).

Regards,

jacekc wrote:
I'm very sorry for a such a delayed response. Mentioned issue is a bug [BRN#29214] and will be fixed in our vnext release (begining of the march).

Hello Jacekc!

Thanks for answer. And new release is so soon! I'm very happy and waiting for new version :)

With best regards, Ivan.