Program exit before main (returns 255)

I have browsed the forum, and found a similar case :

https://www.imgtec.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=438

But I already have the missing libs (as it was told to do in the user instruction) …

I use the sdk on three machines:

- two with intel GMA, wich runs with no problem, exept some openGL glitches

- one with gforce 7600GT … the one with the probably shared library issues.

Any idea how I can fix this ?

Hi,

could you provide us with some information about your configuration eg. What linux are you running? What is the name and version of SDK you are running? Have you got nvidia (not mesa) drivers installed ? Does any other OpenGL applications works fine and its our SDK apps that are failing? Anything else that can be useful to investigate that issue?

Regards,

Jacek

System : Ubuntu 9.10 Kernel 2.6.31 SMP

SDK : Khronos OpenGL ES 2.0 SDK - PC Emulation Linux - Version 2.5 release 1

gcc (Ubuntu 4.4.1-4ubuntu8) 4.4.1

glxinfo | grep version :

server glx version string: 1.4

client glx version string: 1.4

GLX version: 1.3

OpenGL version string: 2.1.2 NVIDIA 185.18.36

OpenGL shading language version string: 1.20 NVIDIA via Cg compiler

No problems with “desktop” OpenGL.

On ES 2.0, my test apps, and examples in Training course fail to launch.

Could you tell me if are running 64bit OS or 32 bit ?

Oh sorry, I thought I had posted the entire uname -ar line …

it’s an i686 (non 64) kernel.

Linux fredy-desktop 2.6.31-16-generic #52-Ubuntu SMP Thu Dec 3 22:00:22 UTC 2009 i686 GNU/Linux

Hi, I'm sorry for a late response. We will try our SDK on similar configuration  like yours and hopefully will be able to reproduce issue reported by you.Â

Regards,

Jacek

jacekc2009-12-15 09:56:39

If it can help to reproduce the issue, it used to be an ubuntu 9.04 before upgrading to 9.10.

At the end of the week, I’ll receive a new HDD, so I guess i’ll install an ubuntu from scratch on it, I’ll tell you if I still got the problem. (and I’ll keep the old disk to try some fixes if it can help you).

that's fine. We already tested in on fresh install of ubuntu 9.10 , kernel 2.6.31-14-generic, NVIDIA driver version: 195.17 (32Bit), System: Intel Core2Quad Q9400, Graphics card: GeForce 8600 GTS and it works fine. So I'm looking forward to your future feedback after you try on a fresh install of ubuntu.

Regards,

Jacek

Ok, so from a fresh 9.10 ubuntu install and with lastet nvidia drivers available from their website, every thing works perfectly fine :wink:

Regards,

Tryum