PVRMonitor App Crashing on Note 8 (Android 8.0)

I will have to use the PVRMonitor app for one of my project. I use Note 8 running Android 8.0. I installed the app but when I open it is only loading a white blank screen on it’s startup and crashing after few secs. How do I fix it?? Its urgent.

Hi Garry,

Yes, PVRMonitor does not work on latest version of Android. This is due to the new Android policy that does not allows PVRMonitor to access the drivers library that supplies the data.
We will release a version that circumvent this problem in the near future. In the mean time you could use PVRTune that has the same monitor built in.

Best regards.

Carlos.

Hi Garry,
Yes, PVRMonitor does not work on latest version of Android. This is due to the new Android policy that does not allows PVRMonitor app to access the drivers library that supplies the data. We will release a version that circumvent this problem in the near future. In the mean time you could use PVRTune that has the same monitor built in.
Best regards.
Carlos

Oh that’s unfortunate. I will use the PVRTune meanwhile. Thank you so much for your response Carlos :slight_smile:

Garry Joshi