PVRTune connect to PVRPerfServer

Hi:

I have installed the PowerVR Graphics SDK v3.2 on my PC (windows ) and installed PVRHub on my target device Samsung Galaxy S4 , I can start tacing and start PVRPerfServer with PVRHub and I can save two files: a .pvrt file and a .pvrtune file .

My target device connect to my PC with USB. I can open the .pvrt file with PVRTrace GUI .

There is two problem with me:

1: I can’t open the .pvrtune file with PVRTune GUI , once I open the .pvrtune file with PVRTune GUI , the PVRTune GUI crashed! why?

2: I can’t connect to the PVRPerfServer running on my device .nothing show in the section “BroadCasting Servers on subnet” and also can’t connect by “Connect to ->Go” operation.

Can you give some details about this? I can’t get it run successful with the user guide provided with SDK !!

1: I can't open the .pvrtune file with PVRTune GUI , once I open the .pvrtune file with PVRTune GUI , the PVRTune GUI crashed! why?

Are you using PVRPerfServer and PVRTuneGUI binaries from the same SDK? The protocol changes occasionally, so we always recommend using builds from the same release.

2: I can't connect to the PVRPerfServer running on my device .nothing show in the section "BroadCasting Servers on subnet" and also can't connect by "Connect to ->Go" operation.

As you're connecting over USB, you'll have to forward ports to get the TCP/IP connection working. Also, you'll need to ensure that Windows adb USB drivers are installed for your chosen target (the adb driver for Samsung devices can be downloaded from here). Assuming suitable adb drivers have been installed, port forwarding can be done with the following command:
adb forward tcp:6520 tcp:6520

Our 3.3 SDK went live earlier this week, and it includes a number of improvements to PVRHub, PVRTune and our other utilities. You can download the new packages through the latest SDK installer.

We've also overhauled our documentation in the 3.3 SDK release to rectify known issues in the 3.2 documentation.

Regards,
Joe

Hi: Joe, Thanks for your help , I update the driver for samsung on windows and the connection succeed!

Thanks very much! :))

No problem - glad to hear its working now :slight_smile:

Joe