PVRTexLib.lib (SDK build 3.3) for Microsoft Visual Studio 2005

Hi,

I am facing some problems using the static PVRTexLib.lib with Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 (Version 8.0.50727.867).

Hopefully you can help me. :slight_smile:

I get the following linker error when I use the decompress api (PVRTDecompressPVRTC) on Windows.

Linker error: PVRTexLib.lib(PVRTDecompress.obj) : fatal error LNK1103: debugging information corrupt; recompile module.

The problem most likely is because of the compatibility issue between different Microsoft Visual C++ versions while linking to static libs.

Can you kindly recomplie and send me both static and dynamic libs for MSVS 2005 (32 bit)?

Thanks,

Aniketh

Hi Aniketh,

Our libraries are built with Visual Studio 2010 and are only known to work with Visual Studio 2010 and newer. We’ve filed a feature request against the PVRTexTool User Manual (BRN49632) to clarify compatibility of the PVRTexTool deliverables (GUI, CLI, libraries and plug-ins).

We have no plans to support older versions of Visual Studio, so we will not be able to compile binaries for you with VS 2005. Fortunately, the feature you are trying to use is provided as code in our SDK’s PVRTools framework. The functions implemented in PVRTDecompress.h and PVRTDecompress.cpp files in the SDK_3.3_R2Tools directory enable PVRTC and ETC texture data decompression in software.

Thanks,

Joe

Hi Joe,

Thanks for the quick and useful reply… :slight_smile: