Ubuntu IntroducingPVRShell Vulkan X11 seg. fault

Afternoon everybody,

I’m playing around with a few Vulkan SDKs, so thought I should start with one I know :slight_smile:
I’m hitting errors when I try to run Vulkan X11 binaries on a Ubuntu machine though…

Here’s a quick overview of my setup:

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti
GPU driver version: 367.27
PowerVR SDK version: 4.1@b95ea13 (from GitHub)

I’m able to run the LunarG Vulkan SDK (v1.0.17.0) cube example, so I know Vulkan works on my system.

Here’s a comparison between OGLES and Vulkan SDK builds for 02_IntroducingPVRShell. In both cases, I’m using the following command to build:
make PLATFORM=Linux_x86_64 X11BUILD=1 X11ROOT=/usr -j 8

OGLES

[scode lang="{language}"]INFORMATION: Command-line options have been loaded from file //PVRShellCL.txt
INFORMATION: EglPlatformContext.cpp: isGlesVersionSupported: number of configurations found for ES version [OpenGL ES 3.1] was [66]
INFORMATION: EGL context creation: EGL_KHR_create_context supported
INFORMATION: Unspecified target API – Setting to max API level : OpenGL ES 3.1
INFORMATION: EGL context creation: Number of EGL Configs found: 1
INFORMATION: EGL context creation: Trying to get OpenGL ES version : 3.1
INFORMATION: EGL context creation: EGL_KHR_create_context supported…
INFORMATION: EGL context creation: EGL_IMG_context_priority supported! Setting context HIGH priority (default)…
INFORMATION: SystemEvent::Quit[/scode]

Runs perfectly.

Vulkan

[scode lang="{language}"]…/Linux_x86_64/ReleaseX11/VulkanIntroducingPVRShell
INFORMATION: Command-line options have been loaded from file /PVRShellCL.txt
INFORMATION: Unspecified target API – Setting to max API level : Vulkan
INFORMATION: Number of Vulkan Physical devices: [1]
ERROR: **** Display Properties: ****
Segmentation fault (core dumped)
[/scode]

Opens a window for a split second, dies as soon as the segfault occurs. Any idea what’s going wrong here?

Btw, there isn’t a Vulkan HelloAPI for Linux. Was it missed from the package, or has it not been written yet?

Cheers,
Joe

Thanks Senthuran :slight_smile:

Btw, I’ve built and successfully ran the IntroducingPVRShell, IntroducingPVRAssets and GnomeHorde Vulkan demos on an NVIDIA SHIELD TV. I’ll deploy them to some Galaxy S 7’s soon (will let you know if they work).

The Vulkan X11 builds were actually not intended to be released; they were based on specification of an early version of Vulkan and how its implementation would look on Linux desktop machines. We will be releasing full, correct Linux Desktop builds and binaries in our next release.

Unfortunately the ones that have been released (by mistake) are not useful and will not work on any platform.