Unable to display text..plz Help

Im trying to  display text using  Print3D function. so i just add following lines into my program and also added Image.cpp file into Simplecube.mmp file

const char c_szImageTexFile[] = "Image.pvr";

void CSimpleCube::AppInit( void )

{

m_Print3D.SetTextures(0,iScreenWidth,iScreenHeight, bRotate = false);

PVRTTextureLoadFromPVR(c_szImageTexFile, &m_ui32Texture);

}

void CSimpleCube::AppCycle()

{

glEnable(GL_TEXTURE_2D);

m_Print3D.DisplayDefaultTitle("IntroducingPVRTools", "Description", ePVRTPrint3DLogoPVR);

m_Print3D.Print3D(8.0f, 30.0f, 1.5f, PVRTRGBA(64, 64, 170, 255), "example");

m_Print3D.Flush();

}

this is basically a Nokia symbian opengles example program (simplecube). here i trying to implement powervr coding to  display text reference one of powerVR example (Introduction to PVRTools).

After compile the code program can install successfully into phone.But when i try to run the program in my Nokia N95 only Powevr logo is displaying.but the text is not display. I added image.cpp file in my source folder. the example coding usage pvrshell. but i don't using pvrshell headers files.So above lines is enough for display text. or any other configaration needed?

I think, my program can't load the texture(image.pvr). but any other way to load this texture use my above codestyle..

So plz help me about this isssue...

Thanks
rassall_jubair2009-09-02 08:24:26

Hello…

Untill there is no response abt this issue..I m desperately waiting for usefull comments/response to solve this problem.... after some examination Im little bit sure only following  lines is enogh to display text and even do need image.pvr and c_szImageTexFile, &m_ui32Texture to display only fonts/texts.. 

m_Print3D.DisplayDefaultTitle("IntroducingPVRTools", "Description", ePVRTPrint3DLogoPVR);

m_Print3D.Print3D(8.0f, 30.0f, 1.5f, PVRTRGBA(64, 64, 170, 255), "Hello");

m_Print3D.Flush();

Here, even logo is displaying but still text not display..what is the problem in my program?

Plz suggest me ...

Thanks

Rassall

Hi,

I modified Nokia's SimpleCube example in a very similar way to you and can see the text and logo.

Code:
{
       m_Print3D.SetTextures(0, iScreenWidth, iScreenHeight);
}

void CSimpleCube::AppExit( void )
{
        m_Print3D.ReleaseTextures();
}

void CSimpleCube::AppCycle( TInt aFrame )
    {

m_Print3D.Flush();
}

The only difference is my call to SetTextures.

Thanks,

Scott
Scott wrote:
Hi,

I modified Nokia's SimpleCube example in a very similar way to you and can see the text and logo.

Code:
{
       m_Print3D.SetTextures(0, iScreenWidth, iScreenHeight);
}

void CSimpleCube::AppExit( void )
{
        m_Print3D.ReleaseTextures();
}

void CSimpleCube::AppCycle( TInt aFrame )
    {

m_Print3D.Flush();
}

The only difference is my call to SetTextures.

Thanks,

Scott

Thanks Scott...but i have already add SetTextures in my coding(plz see my1st post) and also noted im trying to implement this text coding using Artoolkitplus s60 for Augmented Reality where camera is on.  

I tried to follow your way to add SetTextures..

m_ Print3D.SetTextures(0,iScreenWidth,iScreenHeight);

but result is same...only logo display but text not display yet....but i want to display the text...

so, how we can solve this?plz suggest me..

Thanks...

rassall_jubair2009-09-24 15:37:33
rassall_jubair wrote:
so, how we can solve this?plz suggest me..

The above code snippets were the only changes I made to simplecube to get print3D to work. If you send your code to devtech@imgtec.com we can take a look and compare it with my changes to see if we can figure out your problem.