Added Marks with PVRScope Not Visualized

Hello, I’m trying to get PVRTune visualization and also to put few marks in my code with PVRScope library in order to get better idea how PVRTune data matches my code. On Linux arm 64 bit target.
See below picture:

In seems that marks are there because I can find them in the find window (Before eglSwapBuffer 28787.02 s). However in the main view 0 window I don’t see any visualization of this mark.

In the documentation
https://docs.imgtec.com/tools-manuals/pvrtune-manual/html/pvrtune-manual/topics/gui/menubar.html
there is listed some option to draw mark but this is option is not present in the latest version of PVRTune GUI. (It is also visible in the screenshot in the documentation that there is no such option)
Draw Marks across all timelines: This option is turned off by default but can be toggled to show up marks in the Timeline area.

How to visualize my marks?

Regards,
Kalin

Hi kalin.ivanov,

Thanks for your message, and welcome to the PowerVR Developer Forum!

I will look into the issue reported and come back as soon as I have more information.

Best regards,
Alejandro

Hi Alejandro,

Meanwhile I’ve found that at least pplSendProcessingBegin and pplSendProcessingEnd are visualizating fine. So I started to use them.

But still interesting why marks were not visible that I set with pplSendMark.

Regards,
Kalin

Hi kalin.ivanov,

Thanks for all your feedback.

After discussing with the Tools Team, the Custom Marks are displayed in the PVRScope timeline. You can access the available timelines in your PVRTune recording through the Timelines GUI panel under ViewTimelines, where you can expand the ones present and look for the PVRScope one.

In case you are sending very few Custom Marks and they are not showing up in the PVRScope timeline, you might need to force a flush by manually calling pplSendFlush, but have present this can affect performance if called too often.

Regarding the Preferences dialog option in the documentation Draw Marks across all timelines, it has been identified as a documentation error and reported.

Please let me know if you still have any issues finding the Custom Marks.

Best regards
Alejandro

Hi Alejandro,

Yes I think I’ve expanded and select the right timeline. See attached picture.

PVRScope is selected in the timeline. PID is selected. You can see that there are 2812 that I think are my marks. That are also visible if I try to find them. I have mark on every frame.
I’ve tried to add pplSendFlush after every pplSendMark but this didn’t help.

However what I observed is that if I add any processing block (CPPLProcessingScoped) in my rendering loop: my marks become visible also. So I suppose PVRTune GUI has an issue visualizating marks if an application sends only marks as PVRScope data.

Regards,
Kalin

Hi kalin.ivanov,

Thanks a lot for all the information.

I will report this issue you are experiencing to the Tools Team. Could you please provide (if possible) a PVRTuneDeveloper recording where the Custom Marks are not showing up when you have only sent them as PVRScope data (i.e., without adding any processing block CPPLProcessingScoped in your rendering loop)?

In case you want to provide a recording but prefer not to do it publicly, you can do it through sending an email and attaching the recording to our internal Support email address, devtech.portal@imgtec.com

Best regards,
Alejandro

Hi kalin.ivanov,

I just wanted to inform that the issue you reported was fixed by the Tools Team. The fix will be present in our next 24.1 SDK release coming in the next weeks.

Best regards,
Alejandro