Android studio - cmake error when importing examples

Hi All,

I’ve cloned the git repo for the powerVR native SDK, using cmake to build visual studios projects works perfectly well and they all compile. However, when following the guide to import the examples into android studio I get a cmake error coming from the gradle script.

“CMake Error at …/Native_SDK/framework/cmake/modules/Findglm.cmake:16 (find_package):
Could not find a package configuration file provided by “glm” with any of
the following names:”

Interestingly enough the log does not list any names after “the following names:” and instead leaves this blank.

This error occurs on every single example project except for “01_HelloAPI” for both Vulkan and openGLES which both import and run on device just fine.

I am running the most recent version of the SDK and android studio version 4.0

All the best and thank you in advance,
Lawrence

[RESOLVED] After a bit of trial and error I found a solution that works
First install gradle and then run the gradle assemble command in the terminal, this fails because of apk signing, but does most of the process. Then running the gradelw file in bash which succeeds. Finally open the example in android studio and deploy onto device.

This process has to be done once for vulkan and once for opengles. My guess is that its assemble which resolves and builds the dependencies.

Hi Lawrence,

In order to build for release you need to either set up signing, or explicitly skipping it. Please look at the gradle.properties files to see the signing configuration.