powervr example running in android studio

hello, I am having problem when running powervr example for android in android studio. Error:Execution failed for task ':ndkBuild’.> A problem occurred starting process ’command ’ndk-build.cmd’’ is the error occurring for ndkBuidTools as well.
can you suggest me any solution? i am trying to run powervr android example in windows.

I have set the ndk-build.cmd path correctly in local.properties and project structure in android studio in windows.! can anyone help please.!

Hi Anusha,

Which SDK example are you trying to build?
Have you been following the instructions in our Getting Started guide?
What version of Windows are you running?
What version of Android Studio are you running?

Thanks,
Joe

Hello Joe,

yes I have followed the starting guide instructions…!

I am running Android studio 1.3.2 and Microsoft windows 8.1 enterprise version.!

Thanks

If you let us know which example you have encountered the issue with (and if you have modified it at all), we will investigate.

Thanks,
Joe

No example is working unfortunately

Hello,

NDK doesn’t support Android studio and hence I started implementing in eclipse with ndk.

When I am running examples with powervr tools I am getting the following error.

Android NDK: ERROR:jni/OGLES2IntroducingPrint3D/Android.mk:ogles2tools: LOCAL_SRC_FILES points to a missing file
C:/Users/480838/AppData/Local/Android/sdk/ndk-bundle/build/core/prebuilt-library.mk:45: *** Android NDK: Aborting . Stop.
Android NDK: Check that C:/Users/480838/Downloads/Native_SDK-3.5/Native_SDK-3.5/Tools/OGLES2/Build/Android/obj/local/arm64-v8a/libogles2tools.a exists or that its path is correct

Can you please suggest me solution and check what source files are or can be missing in all the examples from Introducing powervr tools & give me any solution…!

We tested the SDK Examples with the latest stable release of Android Studio on Windows before the 3.5 release. I’ve asked PaulL to look into this as I haven’t been able to allocate time to the investigation yet, but I suspect there may be a problem with your local configuration.

[blockquote]NDK doesn’t support Android studio and hence I started implementing in eclipse with ndk.[/blockquote]
We no longer support SDK builds with Eclipse.

Hi Anusha,

[blockquote]NDK doesn’t support Android studio[/blockquote]
Following the instructions in the SDK Browser’s Getting Started guide, I was able to successfully build our 3.5 SDK’s OGLES2 02_IntroducingPVRShell and OGLES Particles Examples with Android Studio v1.3. I’ve included the log of the OGLES Particles native library build for reference.

I’ve noticed in that the Eclipse output in your previous post you are trying to build for arm64-v8a. In my Particles build, it generated native binaries for the following ABIs; armeabi, armeabi-v7a, x86, mips, x86
Have you modified your Application.mk file at all, or are you using it as-is?

Can you attach a log of the errors given when you build the OGLES version of the Particles example in Android Studio?

Hi Joe,

I am now implementing OGLES2 particles examples and am having issues in eclipse. yes, t is not generating native builds. I did not modify anything in Application.mk and the whole application.
I am able to run examples such as OGLES2IntroducingPVRShell that do not use olges tools .
I am getting the error Android NDK: ERROR:jni/OGLESParticles/Android.mk:oglestools: LOCAL_SRC_FILES points to a missing file
C:/Users/480838/AppData/Local/Android/sdk/ndk-bundle/build/core/prebuilt-library.mk:45: *** Android NDK: Aborting . Stop. Android NDK: Check that C:/Imagination/PowerVR_Graphics/PowerVR_SDK/Tools/OGLES/Build/Android/obj/local/arm64-v8a/liboglestools.a exists or that its path is correct.

The native binaries are not being generated as well in eclipse.

Can you please suggest me the solution.

Thanks

this is the content of the log file
**** Build of configuration Default for project OGLES2MultipleRenderTargets ****

C:\Users\480838\AppData\Local\Android\sdk\ndk-bundle\ndk-build.cmd NDKDEBUG=1 all
Android NDK: ERROR:jni/OGLES2MultipleRenderTargets/Android.mk:ogles2tools: LOCAL_SRC_FILES points to a missing file
Android NDK: Check that C:/Imagination/PowerVR_Graphics/PowerVR_SDK/SDK_3.5/Tools/OGLES2/Build/Android/obj/local/arm64-v8a/libogles2tools.a exists or that its path is correct
C:/Users/480838/AppData/Local/Android/sdk/ndk-bundle/build/core/prebuilt-library.mk:45: *** Android NDK: Aborting . Stop.

**** Build Finished ****
it is same to all the examples that use tools and when building the project is not generating the native binaries as well.

Hi Anusha,

[blockquote]The native binaries are not being generated as well in eclipse.[/blockquote]
As mentioned previously, we no longer support Android builds in Eclipse. If you do not want to use Android Studio with the 3.5 SDK, you should be able to use Eclipse with the 3.4 SDK release. You can grab the legacy 3.4 SDK from GitHub: https://github.com/powervr-graphics/Native_SDK/tree/3.4