Changing EGLSurface size

I am using PVRFrame library for OSX as an alternative GLES2 only simulator for iOS devices ( it gives me native OpenGL performance vs Apple slow-ass software iOS simulator)

I got everything working fine except when I attempt to emulate screen orientation change by changing the underlying NSWindow size ( [nsWindow setFrame:frameFinal display:NO animate:NO]:wink: to a new “rotated” size, I can’t get the underlying EGLContext to cooperate.

When I query EGL with :

eglQuerySurface(osx->mEGLDisplay, osx->mEGLWindow,

EGL_WIDTH, (EGLint*)&tmpW

);

eglQuerySurface(osx->mEGLDisplay, osx->mEGLWindow,

EGL_HEIGHT, (EGLint*)&tmpH

);

I get the correct new size but , despite updating glViewport with the new size etc … , all rendering seems to be corrupted ( following the old window size.)

The only way I can get it to work is by recreating EGLContext,EGLDisplay and EGLSurface from scratch which is workable but requires me to reload all GLES related resources …

Do you guys know if this is a potential bug in PVRFrame or if the underlying OSX implementation PVR frame is using, is to blame … ?

Thanks

Hi Warmi, sorry for the delayed response. Somehow I missed this but a coworker pointed me here!

Do you guys know if this is a potential bug in PVRFrame or if the underlying OSX implementation PVR frame is using, is to blame ... ?

Probably a little of both. This isn't something I have investigated yet but possibly we need to do something internally to update the underlying cocoa surface when the window size is changed. I've logged this as a bug for now and will try to reproduce it.