codes of opengl es2.0 to symbian emulator

Hi

I want to run Cover Flow demo code of PowerVR SDK on my  
S60_5th_Edition_SDK_v1_0_en.  I have installed OGLES2_SYMBIANS60_2.05.25.0804 and symbian emulator environment. But I don't know how to do!  Dead  Help!

Hi,

As far as I know the symbian emulator doesn't currently support OGLES 2.0 so I'm afraid you won't be able to run the Cover Flow demo.

Thanks,

Scott

Thanks for your reply!

But as far as I know :

The Sony Ericsson Satioâ„¢ is a touchscreen phone which delivers the ultimate mobile phone multimedia experience. Satioâ„¢ runs S60 5th Edition Symbianâ„¢ OS, the basis for the upcoming Symbian Foundation platform, and features a 3.5 inch 16:9 widescreen display and 12.1 megapixel camera

Satio™ is one of the first phones that has OpenGL® ES 2.0 implemented. To find out more, we spoke to Mike Hopkins at Imagination Technologies, the company that provides the graphics accelerator hardware inside Satio™.

http://developer.sonyericsson.com/site/global/newsandevents/latestnews/newssept09/p_sony_ericsson_satio_opengl2.jsp

I have installed Samsung_DevPack_i8910_HD fort he extending.  I just don't know how make the opengl es 2.0 emulator demo code or some other codes plug in to the Samsung_DevPack_i8910_HD emulator

This is a link about sumsung :

http://www.symbian-freak.com/news/009/02/omnia_hd__console_quality_gaming_on_s60_5th_edition.htm

When I am typing the commands  abld build armv5 urel

D:>cd "D:Imagination TechnologiesPowerVR SDKOGLES2_SYMBIANS60_2.05.25.0804D
emosCoverflowOGLES2BuildSymbianS60"

D:Imagination TechnologiesPowerVR SDKOGLES2_SYMBIANS60_2.05.25.0804DemosCov
erflowOGLES2BuildSymbianS60>bldmake bldfiles

D:Imagination TechnologiesPowerVR SDKOGLES2_SYMBIANS60_2.05.25.0804DemosCov
erflowOGLES2BuildSymbianS60>abld build armv5 urel
ABLD ERROR: "S60devicesS60_5th_Edition_SDK_v1.0EPOC32BUILDImagination Tech
nologiesPowerVR SDKOGLES2_SYMBIANS60_2.05.25.0804DemosCoverflowOGLES2Build
SymbianS60" build armv5 urelPlatform.pm" not yet created
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at d:S60devicesS60_5th_Edition_SDK_v1.0epo
c32toolsabld.pl line 173.

How Can I solve this problem??

Thanks a lot!!!!!!!!

Hi,

The Sony Ericsson Satio and Samsung's Omnia HD both support OGLES2 but the Symbian emulator that comes with the S60 5th Edition SDK does not. I've had a look at the Samsung DevPack and can't see anything that suggests it adds support. Therefore, the only way to run the S60 version of OGLES2 Coverflow is on a device.

matong wrote:

build armv5 urelPlatform.pm" not yet created
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at d:S60devicesS60_5th_Edition_SDK_v1.0epoc32toolsabld.pl line 173.

This error is caused by having a space in the path. If you change the default install directory of our OGLES2 Symbian S60 SDK to something shorter with no spaces then this problem should go away.

Thanks,

Scott

Thank you again again and again!  Thumbs%20Up