Compatibility with Mac OS X

So I am already using the powervr sdk in some iOS apps. I am trying to create a version of these apps to run natively on the mac desktop but I am not having much success at getting the powervr sdk to compile for a mac app. Does the powervr sdk run on mac and I just haven’t figured out how to get it compile? or is it an iOS/Android/etc. sdk only?

We only add in support for platform configurations (i.e. combinations of OS and graphics API) for publicly released devices that utilise our PowerVR graphics acceleration. As our technology isn’t used in Macs we haven’t created an SDK for that OS, which means you will not be able to compile for it.

As the source code is provided with our SDK it is possible to extend PVRShell and add in support for OSs and graphics APIs that we haven’t released. The best way to do this is to create a Mac code path in the OS specific part of PVRShell (e.g. <PVR_SDK>/Shell/OS/Mac) based on the iPhone code. You will then also have to put together Mac specific XCode projects/Makefiles. If you run into any trouble, feel free to ask more questions about how the Shell works :)Joe2011-09-22 09:41:07