Imagination PowerVR SDK Blog

Error when compiling the ParticleSystem sample of PowerVR SDK_3.4 for windows

I used eclipse linked with NDK to compile ParticleSystem’s OGLES3 sample, which runs on android. To generate .so file for the project, I first created an NDK builder in eclipse, and then tried to add android native support to the project, but It crashed. I used the same method to run the HelloAPI sample and it worked correctly. How can I fix this problem?
Thank you!

Hi,

Could you clarify, where was the crash, and could you provide more details of the crash?

Thanks,

Paul.

Thank you for the reply!

I configured the project again and it can be compiled this time. But when I built the project, there were errors:

[armeabi-v7a] SharedLibrary : libOGLES3ParticleSystem.so

jni/OGLES3ParticleSystem/…/…/…/…/…/…/…/…/Examples/Advanced/ParticleSystem/OGLES3/ParticleSystemGPU.cpp:144: error: undefined reference to 'glMemoryBarrier’

jni/OGLES3ParticleSystem/…/…/…/…/…/…/…/…/Examples/Advanced/ParticleSystem/OGLES3/ParticleSystemGPU.cpp:145: error: undefined reference to 'glDispatchCompute’

jni/OGLES3ParticleSystem/…/…/…/…/…/…/…/…/Examples/Advanced/ParticleSystem/OGLES3/ParticleSystemGPU.cpp:146: error: undefined reference to 'glMemoryBarrier’

How can I fix it?

Hi,

Could you clarify, where was the crash, and could you provide more details of the crash?

Thanks,
Paul.

I’m guessing the shared library is missing the GLES3 static libraries either because: The GL libraries are loaded after your shared library; or because the linker is ignoring those symbols, because it is assuming they are unused, since they haven’t been referenced by a dynamic library that hasn’t been loaded yet.