Gles1test1 failure on GE8300 during Suspend to RAM

Hello Team,

I’m currently using GE8300 GPU on my RISC-V development platform, I’m trying to run a GPU Test ‘gles1test1’ available in my DDK (v1.15) and parallel during the execution of the test i’m trying to put the system to suspend to RAM (S3 State) for about 5-20 seconds, post resume i see that the ‘gles1test1’ frame gets freeze on the display and is unable to continue to render.

The same issue is observed with other OpenGL-ES tests such as: gles2test1, & gles3test1.

Please kindly do suggest if we’re missing anything, and We’re expecting to have the application running without freeze/hangs even after post resume as well.

Regards,
Ravi Kiran

Hello Ravi,

Thank you for contacting PowerVR developer forum.
I’m afraid to inform you but you need to contact your SoC provider for addressing this issue.

Best Regards,
Nagnath

Hai Nagnath,

Thanks for your reply.

We’ve tried the same Suspend to RAM test case with Vulkan Test binary (vkbonjur) and see soon after the resume state the Vulkan test continues normally. And unlike OpenGL-ES we didn’t any freeze issue with Vulkan.

Can you suggest what could be the issue here?

As you mentioned, We also did reach out to the SoC Vendor, But they suggested us to check with Imagination Tec, to see if it’s possible an application issue, As Vulkan App works but not the OpenGL-ES App.

Could you share you’re thoughts on this? And also do share/suggest us any other application we can try to see if it can work with Suspend to RAM functionality.

Thanks for your time.

Regards,
Ravi Kiran

Hello Ravi,

After checking internally with our DDK team, It looks like more of a driver related support that we would have to provide to be able to address this.
Unfortunately, we cannot support any DDK issues via Developer Portal. Kindly use our Partner Portal for driver related questions – If you do not have access then please check with your sales to contact us for setting up a Support & Maintenance contract for support.

Best Regards,
Nagnath