how to reset the settings in the demos?

Hi, I think I was changing the hardware profile in the general options of one of the demos of the Windows SDK and then restarted the demo. Since then none of the demos started again. For instance, the debugger reports “An unhandled win32 exception occurred in OGLES2Coverflow.exe [4528].” When I start the debugger it reports: “Unhandled exception at 0x1000000c in OGLES2Coverflow.exe: 0xC000001D: Illegal Instruction.”

The problem I have is: how can I change back to the original setting?
After removing and reinstalling I got the Windows SDK for OpenGL ES 1.1  to work again. But I had no luck with the OpenGL ES 2 SDK.

Any suggestions?

By the way, for some reason the paths of the libs and dlls don’t work for me with the Windows SDK (neither OpenGLES 1.1 nor OpenGLES 2), neither for the pre-built demos nor if I build one of the demos. I always have to copy the libs and dlls to an directory where they can be found by the executable; otherwise the executable complains that it cannot find a lib, even though the setting in the linker options appear to be fine.

How is this supposed to work?

Hi Martin,

Please, check PVRVFrame documentation in the SDK which covers extensively how to change profiles.

There are 3 methods:

1 - From the PVRVFrame debug window

2 - Using PVRVFrameUtility which you can find in the SDK

3 - Modifying the registry by hand (not recommended)

Windows: HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareImagination TechnologiesPVRVFrameOGLES

Linux: .foxrc/Imagination Technologies/PVRVFrame

The default profiles are:

OpenGL ES 1.1 = MBX_VGP

OpenGL ES 2.0 = SGX530

About the libraries. The User Manual says:

"The DLL files must be copied to a directory that is accessible to the DLL search path (e.g. the default Windows directory or the current directory your application is running from). "

This is how Windows works.

Regards

Carlos.

Hi Carlos,

thanks a lot!

Martin