Imagination PowerVR SDK Blog

Including PVRShell.h in iOS ViewController

I am trying to #include the PVRShell as i have done several times previously in other projects in a custom ViewController that is set as a .mm file.

Though when i come to compile it fails including and compiling the PVRShell.h on the line

typedef void* (PFNLoadFileFunc)(const char, char** pData, size_t &size);

Though when i include it in the root AppDelegate it compiles fine and i cant see why there is any difference.

I realize this is more of a C++ and include question but i am quite stumped.

I was causing a transative dependency in my ViewController else where in my project. Mark as answered.

Hi Dev2rights,

As the original poster, you should be able to mark it as answered. Is this option appearing at the bottom of your latest post?

Thanks,

Joe

Hi Joe, i don’t see the “Did this answer the question ?” tag on my own post or own answer.

No problem :slight_smile:

Hello Dev2Rights

may you describe the step you have done or some source code to do this integration, it will be wonderfull and very helpfull (Christmass Present :slight_smile: )

thanks

regards
david g

Hi Dgu,

Apologies if this seems a little bit patronising but have you got the UIViewcontroller model locked to memory ? This is the core iOS fundamental windowing process and is found here:

http://developer.apple.com/library/ios/#featuredarticles/ViewControllerPGforiPhoneOS/Introduction/Introduction.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/TP40007457

Once you have nailed Views and ViewControllers then you will see that the most common method is setting up an EAGL view for rendering OpenGLES onto a CAEGL layer for that view. This can be used to set up your OpenGLES context and any other setup you do. A simple starting point to get a grip of how iOS handles OGLES is to look at the iOS tutorials apple provide:

https://developer.apple.com/devcenter/ios/resources/opengl-es/

sperbe thanks !!!