Is there a cygwin build for EGL anf GLESv2

Hi,

Can someone suggest how I can get cygwin builds for these libs? are they needed at all or can I just use the ones provided in the powerVR SDK windows build? is it compatible with gcc ?

Someone please hep !

Hi,

What are you trying to achieve with Cygwin? Is there any reason you can’t use our Windows libraries natively and avoid Cygwin?

Thanks,
Joe

I was planning to port the windows code to linux… but I choose the cygwin path before I compiled it in linux for convenience.

If this is the case, I think it would be easier to either dual boot your machine with Linux, or install Linux on another machine. I wouldn’t advise using our PVRVFrame libraries with Cygwin as we’ve never tested this and don’t know if there will be issues with it.

You could also use a virtual machine for Linux. Whether you will be able to run PVRVFrame on it will depend on how good the OpenGL emulation on the virtual machine is.

Thanks,
Joe

Thanks Joe. I have now setup the linux VirtualBox machine and I am able to launch the samples of PVR SDK.

However, I am finding some display problem’s with the “Water” sample. The reflections and refractions are rendered on the water surface, but the actual geometry above the water is not getting rendered.mkandula2011-12-11 05:11:07

I’m glad to hear some of the examples are working.

From my experience, it’s rare for a virtual machine to fully support OpenGL. It’s likely that this is the cause of your rendering errors.

If you can replicate these issues on a native (i.e. not in a virtual) machine, then I can file a bug against the SDK.

Thanks,
Joe