linux driver details

Hello,

I have been experimenting with the open source cedarview-drm driver on an ubuntu 12.04 system with a 32 bit 3.2 linux kernel. I am doing that on an Intel D2700 processor with a PowerVR SGX 545 chip. I looked into the cdv driver source and i am wondering if there is any way to copy some of the funcionalities into different (more recent 64 bit) kernels. It would be good to be able to use the computing power of the GPU. Is it possible to get any documentation about how those things work? The cdv kernel driver itself is not too commented, and for the binary cdv libraries there are not even header files to be found.

Regards,
Zoltan

Hi Zoltan,

I believe that porting to 64bit is not an easy task. We are not allowed to distribute documentation or source related to our drivers so you will be limited to what Intel has publicly released for that platform. I am sorry we cannot be of much help.

Best regards.

Carlos.

Hello,

Of course, even understanding the kernel driver is a challenging thing :slight_smile: I was hoping the policy might have changed for an old hardware. Can i hope in recieving answers about concrete details of the kernel dirver (for example about data formats passed to the hardware) or thats beyond this forums purpose?

Thanks for your reply,
Zoltan

Hi Zoltan,

I am afraid we are not going to be able to help you. The drivers are not really open source. Have you tried contacting Intel? They have a much more open policy.

Regards.

Carlos.