POWERVR Insider SDK v2.7 is now available

We have posted the latest brand new 2.7 SDK release in our POWERVR Insider site.

This new release includes a Navigation demo and a utility for processing navigation data along with bug fixes and improvements.

Regards,
BobGardner2012-08-28 09:42:20

Oh oh. I just downloaded version 2.7 of the PowerVR SDK and the iOS SDK 4.1. Unfortunately, I’m unable to compile anything.
To me it looks like the OpenGLES.framework has a serious problem (I don’t have the version for iOS 3.0; if I’m using the OpenGLES.framework for iOS 4.0 or 4.1 it won’t find the shader related functions; if I’m using the framework for iOS 3.2 it compiles (it only seems to be missing GL_HALF_FLOAT_OES) but then I can only build OGLES2Tools, but not anything else which appears to require building for iOS 4.0 or 4.1.

Could you confirm that the PowerVR SDK 2.7 for iPhone works with the iOS SDK 4.1? Thanks!

I switched back to version 2.6 of the PowerVR SDK for iPhone and that works fine with the iOS SDK 4.1 (with the Base SDK of projects set to 4.1). I doesn’t seem to matter whether I specify the iOS SDK version 4.1 of the OpenGLES.framework or the non-existent version 3.0. Strange. Confused

I can confirm that the POWERVR iPhone SDK does compile with the iOS SDK 4.1, but there are known issues with it:

https://www.imgtec.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=999&KW=iphone&PID=3392#339

If you’ve followed these suggestions and are still having problems then I might suggest reinstalling the iOS SDK.

The BaseSDK seems to need setting in the Project Settings and Target Settings for every XCode project in the build i.e. the demo project and the Tools project. Also, making the iOS Deployment Target match seems to help - this setting didn’t seem so important before.

Hopefully, we can find a better solution for a future update.

Thanks Gordon! My problem was that the “iOS Deployment Target” of the target of the OGLES2Tools project was set to 2.0. I had to set it to (at least) 3.0 for things to work.

Can you include the DASHBOARD demo in the next SDK version or send it to us?

I am very interested in this demo.

Thank you!

Unfortunately, the Dashboard demo is a marketing demo that is designed for our customers, so cannot be released in our SDK.

If there is a particular technique from the demo that you would like to achieve, or want to know how to solve a particular issue, feel free to start a new topic on the forum or contact us directly using our devetech@imgtec.com mailing list so we can advice you how to best proceed :slight_smile:

Greetings,

I just downloaded SDK 2.7 for iOS and it says “Base SDK Missing” where it should say “iOS 4.2…” instead. I changed my Project Build settings under Architecture -> Base SDK to “Latest iOS (currently set to iOS 4.2)”, my Target’s build settings under Architecture -> Base SDK to “Latest iOS (currently set to iOS 4.2)”, and Deployment -> iOS Deployment Target to “iOS 4.2”, then restarted Xcode. It still says “Base SDK Missing”. Any solutions?

@ MachCUBED: I’m not sure if this helps, but I often have to option-click the configuration/target popup and switch to another SDK and back to “Base SDK” for it to stick. XCode has some serious bugs in this area (my project uses 5 different targets with different base SDKs and different architectures and believe me, XCode gets very confused every now and then)

I don’t quite understand what you mean by the target popup. Anyways, the problem is that iOS 4.2 is properly stored as my Base SDK and Deployment Target, but the project still says Base SDK Missing.

Target popup at top left:

missing.png

Left click it:

popup1.png

Option-click it:

popup2.png

I’m not sure which project file you’re referring to, but if it’s OGLES2Tools then you may want to update the “deployment target” to a more recent iOS and note that the OGLES.framework is linked to the iOS 3.0 SDK, which may be absent from your computer. I was able to succesfully build this library.

zmippie is correct - another way to get Xcode to acknowledge the change in Base SDK is to close and re-open the project. Sometimes quitting and re-opening Xcode is required.

The good news is that we’ve found a solution (thanks to a change Apple have made) and these issues should be resolved in our next release.

Gordon wrote:
The good news is that we've found a solution (thanks to a change Apple have made) and these issues should be resolved in our next release.

Regarding the next release. Any estimates on when it will be released and if the pvr texture conversion lib is a bit more thread safe? Just right now I am converting just around 40x 1024x1024 textures and it takes _ages_. :-)

I got it to work about a month ago. Now, I just need to fully understand the way the SDK works…

Thanks zmippie! I just installed the new Xcode version and had no idea how to get things working until I remembered your posting. :slight_smile: