POWERVR Insider SDK v2.8 is now available

Version 2.8 of the POWERVR Graphics SDK is now available for download!

New features include the following:

*     64-bit utilities for Linux (Collada2POD CL/GUI, PVRShaman, PVRVFrame and PVRTexTool CL/GUI)

*     Android SDK: Modified Android SDK to build with NDK build scripts

*     PVRTexLib: 64-bit for all supported platforms

*     PVRTexLib: Fast compressor is now thread safe

*     PVRTexLib & PVRTexTool: Performance and stability improvements

*     PVRTexLib & PVRTexTool: Independent texture channel loading

*     PVRShaman: Render to texture functionality

*     PVRGeoPOD: plug-ins for Max and Maya 2011

*     PVRGeoPOD: plug-in for 32-bit MacOS Maya

*     PVRTrace: Specify a start and end frame for recording

*     PVRTrace: Specify if you want to record with or without data (e.g. don’t store textures, etc)

*     PVRTrace: Android compatible recording libraries

*     PVRTraceGUI: Tracked render state (OGLES2 only)

*     PVRVFrame: Implemented workaround for ATI Windows Vista/7 10.12 Catalyst drivers issues

*     PVRVFrame: MacOS port

*     PVRUniSCo: New profile data - Accurate cycles emulation, primary attributes and secondary registers

*     PVRUniSCo & PVRUniSCoEditor: MacOS port

*     Training courses: OGLES2 EdgeDetection

*     Training courses: OGLES2 BinaryShader (example use of the GL_OES_get_program_binary extension)

*     Demos: OGLES2 Navigation3D (example use of real-world 3D navigation data, provided by Navteq)

*     Tools: Added support and optimisations for 3D data to navigation tools

For more information, please visit our full release notes page
BobGardner2012-08-28 09:42:34

Hi,
I would like to download the iOS version of the new 2.08 sdk but actually the link allow only the download of the binaries files, no source code is included, can you please update the link for the iOS version? Thank you and keep up the good work :slight_smile:

gersen wrote:
Hi,
I would like to download the iOS version of the new 2.08 sdk but actually the link allow only the download of the binaries files, no source code is included, can you please update the link for the iOS version? Thank you and keep up the good work :)

Thanks for pointing this out. The website has now been updated with the correct iOS packages.

The following error occurs if I try to download the SDK for iOS via
https://www.imgtec.com/powervr/insider/powervr-login.asp?SDK=iphone3gsOGLES2

ADODB.Field error '800a0bcd'

Either BOF or EOF is True, or the current record has been deleted. Requested operation requires a current record.

/country_ip.asp, line 29
[/CODE]

DPR2011-03-24 14:35:16<br>ADODB.Field error '800a0bcd'<br><br>Either BOF or EOF is True, or the current record has been deleted. Requested operation requires a current record.<br><br>/country_ip.asp, line 29<br>

DPR2011-03-24 14:35:16

I downloaded PVRTexLib_2.08.28.0634, and when I extracted it; I noticed there wasn’t a 64-bit version of the mac build. Is the .lib file a universal binary (32-bit and 64-bit)?

Hi Texel,

Yes PVRTexLib is distributed as a universal binary for MacOS for ease of use.

Thanks,

Tobias

When I try to compile and profile a shader using the PVRUniSCo_SGX540 or PVRUniSCo_SGX53x tools on a Mac running Snow Leopard (10.6.7), the compiler initially reports success, then crashes with a bus error. It writes out a blank .prof file, but I don’t see the compiled shader at the location I specified.

I’m using the following for the command line:

PVRUniSCo_SGX540 [input fragment shader] [output compiled shader] -f -profile

Is there something I’m doing wrong, or is this a bug with the MacOS_x86_32 build of PVRUniSCo?

This is the from the 2.8 SDK, version 1.7.17.3700 of the compiler.bradlarson2011-04-14 18:56:52

DPR wrote:
The following error occurs if I try to download the SDK for iOS via
https://www.imgtec.com/powervr/insider/powervr-login.asp?SDK=iphone3gsOGLES2

Either BOF or EOF is True, or the current record has been deleted. Requested operation requires a current record.

/country_ip.asp, line 29
[/CODE]
[/QUOTE]
Getting pretty much the same error using Safari, on IE, it says a 501 error though. Any thoughts on when this might get fixed?

Thanks
[CODE]

/country_ip.asp, line 29
[/CODE]

Getting pretty much the same error using Safari, on IE, it says a 501 error though. Any thoughts on when this might get fixed?

Thanks

Could you please send your shader to devtech@imgtec.com?

ma230:

This is an intermittent fault with the website server - please try downloading again. The site is being moved to a new machine in the near future so hopefully these problems will be fixed then.