PowerVR Series8XE Clark GE8300

Hi Team,

I want to build Gnome desktop image for my custom target board. previous I have used 

mesa,opengl,vulkan,dri,x11,wayland,drm(opensource ),ATI readon gpu driver & along with Gnome required packages for other target machine. I was able to play videos & launching applications fine.

Currently, we have other RISCV platform target , which supports GPU PowerVR GE8300. We approached Imagination team finally we got DDK sources from them.We compiled generated libraries & .ko modules using DDK sdk. finally (opengl,opengles,powervr driver .ko, vulkan,opencl libraries and hardware acceleration libraires are generated as mentioned below.

libEGL.so
pvrsrvkm.ko
libEGL.so.1
drm_nulldisp.ko
libEGL.so.1.15.6052913
libgbm.so
libgbm.so.1.15.6052913
libGLES_CM.so
libGLES_CM.so.1
libGLES_CM.so.1.15.6052913
libGLESv2.so
libGLESv2.so.1.15.6052913
libGLESv2.so.2
libglslcompiler.so
libglslcompiler.so.1.15.6052913
libIMGegl.so
libIMGegl.so.1.15.6052913
libOpenCL.so
libOpenCL.so.1
libpvrNULLDRM_WSEGL.so
libpvrNULLDRM_WSEGL.so.1.15.6052913
libPVROCL.so
libPVROCL.so.1
libPVROCL.so.1.15.6052913
libPVRScopeServices.so
libPVRScopeServices.so.1.15.6052913
libsrv_um.so
libsrv_um.so.1.15.6052913
libsutu_display.so
libsutu_display.so.1.15.6052913
libufwriter.so
libufwriter.so.1.15.6052913
|libusc.so
libusc.so.1.15.6052913
|libVK_IMG.so
libVK_IMG.so.1
libVK_IMG.so.1.15.6052913
libvulkan-1.so
|libvulkan.so
libvulkan.so.0
libvulkan.so.1
libvulkan.so.1.15.6052913

All these libraries generated with nulldrmws & nullws system but x11 & wayland support not available.
These libraries I have copied manually respective paths in my target machine. and Powervr driver also loaded via initd using modprobe insetred my module. But have observed black screen I am getting not able to get login prompt. if we doesn’t use GPU i am able to get login prompt but it was loaded by CPU its not GPU.

Finally I have approached to team, what suggestions I got from imagination team this ddk sources supports only Soc level hardware rendering which doesn’t have licenses full pledged which supports only soc itself rendering.

Currently mesa,framebuffer,Xserver,xorg ,wayland opensource support libraries are used. I got to know this won’t work. I hope to collect these libraries from imagination team.

For that I need some clarification. If I want to build fully loaded graphics which supports load 2D,3D gaming & launching GNOME applications or KDE or XFCE desktop based images.

So Finally I want what and libraries are required ? and what licenses I should collect from imagination team I need some clarification.

Can anybody have Knowledge on this please guide me properly. I will check with imagination team to achieve my goal. Please respond ASAP.

Thanks & Regards,
Sateesh

Hi, Sateesh.

Welcome to our forum!
I assume that you have a license that grants you access to the GE8300 OpenGL ES drivers source code. The drivers source code is not available publicly, so I would recommend you to use the same channels you used to have access to the source code (usually through one of our customers) to ask for an update to support Wayland, etc.

Best regards.

Carlos.

Hi CarlosSarria,

Thank you for your  information.Could you please confirm me some clarification I needed. For GNOME desktop image  is it only required Opengl ES with wayland support? or do I need to ask any required libraries support from Imagination team. 

Can you please elaborate more what libraries I need to collect from imagination team? Is it required any kernel module additionally as part of GPU?

Regards,
Sateesh

Hi, Sateesh.

I have to reckon that I am not very sure which is your request. I assume that with DDK source you mean DDK “kernel” source. I believe you have been supplied with everything we have. As a side note, if it is of any help to you, we support PowerVR Vulkan drivers in Mesa since version 22.1.

Best regards.

Carlos.