Suggestions?

Welcome to the brand new POWERVR Insider forums.

On behalf of Imagination Technologies I deal with 3rd party relations. If you have any suggestions to how we can better serve developers developing for our MBX and SGX technology, I would love to hear them. Post them here or get in touch directly on marquepierre.sondergaard@imgtec.com.

Hi,  I haven’t been here too long.  But I’d like to see more direct links to documentation.  Just something I’ve noticed right away.

Hi MrManlyMan,

Do you have particular pieces of documentation in mind that you would like to see?

Sir:

Could i ask for a source code for showing me how to do 2-D to 2.5D or 3Dview?I am new .Now I even not success to write a cube(3D).Can you teach me?I prefer get a source to read and learn to program as it.Is that possible?Could you give me a favor.

I would like to know if there is a single step-by-step tutorial that covers installation and first use of the PowerVR SDK including (i.e., some kind of a “PowerVR SDK for dummies/beginners”):
1) Additional packages required for various host OS’es (Windows, Linux, Mac OS) and the corresponding configuration and system settings
2) What hardware platforms can applications be downloaded to and debugged (phones, development platforms such as Pandaboard, etc)
3) What are the development options in Windows 7?

4) I cannot find “a comprehensive training course” in the PowerVRd SDK documentation other than a few examples of various levels of complexity. What did I miss?

Thank you

Hi Alexei.

You didn't miss anything, and this is something we're looking to address.

For OSX and Windows you shouldn't need any external packages.  For linux you'll need, at least, Qt 4.8.1.

In regards to development platforms, this is where things get a little more complex, this is also why we don't name specific devices in the installer.  We support so many devices it would simply be unwieldy to list them all.  So, for example, the Android package will support any device with our graphics chip, running android, that supports the API you select.

So, for example:

If you selected Android OpenGL ES 2.0 you would get the SDK that supports nearly all of the modern Android devices with PowerVR in.  
If you select Linux ARMv7 you'll get sdk support for powervr devices running linux with a modern ARM processor.  
If you select Linux x86 you'll get support for both desktop linux (through our emulation library) and Linux based PowerVR hardware with an Intel CPU.

In regards to Windows 7, if you download the Windows SDK you can develop OpenGL ES applications on your desktop through our PVRVFrame Emulator.

Regardless of what your target device and api are, the tools you download (PVRTexTool, PVRTune etc.) will run on Windows, Linux, OSX depending on the installer you pick.

I hope that helps,
Bob

BobGardner2012-11-13 09:09:40