Trouble exporting skinned animation from maya

I do have it listed as triangle lists. I also tried checking and unchecking the indexed box.

As you mentioned, I change bone indices to unsigned byte and made sure the bone influences were at 3. But still no luck.

Idk then. It's too bad they don't have some sample art for maya. I also had export controllers, indexed, and interleave vectors checked with 9 simultaneous matrices.

I’ll double check all those. Thanks. I should remention that they (the SDK) do have pod samples of skinned animation. And even those are exploding.

< ="-" =“text/; =utf-8”>< name=“ProgId” =“Word.”>< name=“Generator” =“Microsoft Word 11”>< name=“Originator” =“Microsoft Word 11”><>

For some reason, now our files aren't exporting

unless max matrices are either set to 0 (which animates nothing) and 8 (which

crashes the hardware). If we set it to 3, 4, or 5 max simultaneous matrices, nothing

exports. These used to export fine. Any ideas why?

The reason the export was failing when max simultaneous matrices was set to 3, 4 or 5 is because they are too low to properly export the animation and the bone batching was failing. However, there is a bug in the Maya exporter in that the error message stating the bone batching had failed was not being displayed correctly. This will be fixed in our next release.

Stefan.

Hi,

I seam to be having the same issue as many people are having, when I export to POD all the animation on my alien mesh is lost. If I skin the eyes and the teeth to the rig, they maintain there animation, but the main mesh looses all animation? The only difference I can think between meshes is that the main mesh deforms while the others are solid.

If someone could point me in the right direction that would be amazing :slight_smile: