Collada2POD Animation Frames Problem?

Hello,

Kinda new to this forum as well as the SDKs and utilities.

I’ve created a simple project in Blender 2.55, and added some animations to the model, which is a cylinder. In there, I’ve got a total of 120 animation frames, and 3 of them are my keyframes. The 3 keyframes are at frames 1, 60 and 120 respectively. I managed to export this model with the animations to a .dae file using blender, and am able to preview it nicely at 30 FPS.

The animation is just basic scaling where at frame 60, the object scales up, and at frame 120, the object scales back to it’s original size.

However, after converting the .dae file to a .pod file via Collada2POD, somehow, my object is only left with 3 frames when I view it in the PVRShaman utility.

Hence, I’m wondering if this is a problem with the Collada2POD utility or am I doing something wrong. Is anyone able to help me with rectifying this problem?

Thanks,

Alex

Hi,

If memory serves the blender collada exporter only exports the animations as BEZIERS and unfortunately Collada2POD doesn't currenty support animations specified in this way. However, from your description it sounds like Collada2POD is still attempting to export them instead of ignoring them, hence the 3 frames. Could you send your collada file to devtech@imgtec.com as I'd like to confirm if this is the case.

Thanks,

Scott
Scott wrote:
Hi,

If memory serves the blender collada exporter only exports the animations as BEZIERS and unfortunately Collada2POD doesn't currenty support animations specified in this way. However, from your description it sounds like Collada2POD is still attempting to export them instead of ignoring them, hence the 3 frames. Could you send your collada file to devtech@imgtec.com as I'd like to confirm if this is the case.

Thanks,

Scott

Hi Scott,

I've already sent the email quite some time ago, on the 8th of December 2010. Since then I have not received any replies. Hence, I'm wondering if you have received that email from me? Thanks once again!

Regards,

Alexngjh19912011-01-19 07:33:23

Hi Alex,

I've had a look through my emails and it looks like it never made it to our inboxes. Could you send it again please.

Thanks,

Scott

Hi Scott,

I’ve re-sent the email with the following subject:

Topic: Collada2POD Animation Frames Problem?

Thanks so much!

Alex

ngjh1991 wrote:
Hi Scott,

I've re-sent the email with the following subject:

Topic: Collada2POD Animation Frames Problem?

Thanks so much!

Alex

Cheers and just to confirm we've received it and will take a look as soon as we can.

Alright! Thanks so much! :smiley:ngjh19912011-01-21 09:34:51

Hi,

My original assumption of your collada file using beziers was incorrect and it is indeed using an interpolation type that Collada2POD supports. Unfortunately, due to a bug it is incorrectly handling the animation. This is something that we'll fix in a future release.

Thanks,

Scott

Hi Scott,

Thanks so much for the clarification! Really appreciate it :slight_smile:

Regards,

Alex