Custom client for PVRPerfServer

Can I create a custom client for PVRPerfServer so that I can capture data sent by PVRPerfServer into my client application ?

Hi maximuxy,

Thanks for your question and welcome to the PowerVR Developer Forum.

Yes, you can do a custom client, but you would need to implement the communications layer between your PowerVR device and your client application.

If there are any features you would add to PVRTune which would give the information you are looking for you can always describe a feature request and I will report it to the Tools Team.

Best regards,
Alejandro

Thanks for your reply Alejandro,

Can you share me how can I implement a custom layer for communication with PVRPerfServer ? Some set of communication interface and api ?

Hi maximuxy,

I advise as a first step to review the SDK demos we have which gather information from a PowerVR device and send it to PVRTune, PVRScopeRemote (we have an OpenGLES and a Vulkan implementation):

From that point I would advise to do some research on already communication layer architectures and libraries according to the requirements for your project (OS to support, connection between devices, data storage, etc).

Best regards,
Alejandro

Dear Alejandro,

Thanks for sharing this.
We have already developed samples based on these examples. These are really helpful.
I am looking to capture PVRScopeComms annotations in a custom application.
As far as we understood, PVRScopeComms annotations can only be captured through PVRPerfServer to PVRTune.

Please let me know if you can guide in this.

Thanks

Hi maximuxy,

You are right, PVRScope provides the information to PVRPerfServer which is in charge of sending it to PVRTune, being that implementation internal.

Unfortunately I am afraid I cannot provide more information about this.

Best regards,
Alejandro