Exporting Animation to pod files

Hi there, I am a noob at this and I just got hired to create animations and graphics for an ipad app. We also have a programmer on the team.

I use maya for animations, and I keep them simple, couple of bones, but mostly animating locators etc. Now I used the PVRGeoPod to export my animation. This are the settings I used, they are basically the default settings in the instruction pdf.

Ive also tried many variations of the settings, and I honestly don’t know what I’m doing wrong. The pod file either keeps crashing the app or not loading up at all.

Would it be an exporting problem or a programming thing?

Any help at all would be appreciated.

Thanks so much

H

Hi,

From what you've described your export settings look fine. The best way to determine whether it is an exporting problem or a programming one is to try loading the .pod file into our PVRShaman utility. If everything appears to be fine in PVRShaman then the problem is most likely with the code. If you get truly stuck feel free to email your scene/code to devtech@imgtec.com and we can take a look to see where the problem lies.

Cheers,

Scott

Hi there,

Well my programmer is able to load up other .pod files. I did try opening my files with PVRShaman, it seems to be playing the animations, but I dont think its reading the alpha files. There is a lot of grey going on. I emailed my scene file to the email along with the texture. You will be saving me if you can help me out.

Humaira

Hestia wrote:
Hi there,

Well my programmer is able to load up other .pod files. I did try opening my files with PVRShaman, it seems to be playing the animations, but I dont think its reading the alpha files. There is a lot of grey going on. I emailed my scene file to the email along with the texture. You will be saving me if you can help me out.

Humaira
Hi,

The default setup for PVRShaman doesn't display the alpha from textures which is why you're seeing alot of grey. With some custom shaders and enabling blending in the materials this can be rectified and from what I've seen your POD file appears to be exported fine.

Could you give us more details on the crashes you're experiencing? Such as where in your code it is crashing.

Cheers,

Scott

hi,

I have a human model with skinned animations. I can export only the model, not the skinned animation to .pod file. I don’t know why? whether the settings are wrong or whether i need to select the bone and shift select the model…or first the model and shift select the bone…

please help me…

Hi I was just having trouble with exporting skinned animation as well.

When I only select the object it doesn’t export the skinned animation, but when I sat ‘export all’ it plays the animation on pvrshaman without a problem, but it seems to be crashing the programmers app. What do you think the problem might be?