Like title says I have a little problem understanding why HRS doesn’t seem to work for a my “weird” situation:
- working with SGX535 (iPhone4)
- I don’t use depth buffer/depth test
- basically working with 2D game engine
- geometry is presorted on CPU so visibility is defined just by the order of draw calls
- first I draw all my backgrounds, sprites hud etc for the actual game…
- then I start with my “HSR test” so I draw like 10 full-screen textured quads with blending enabled to render even more “hidden” alpha blended stuff
- then I do one opaque full-screen textured quad with blending disabled
the result is that everything what was rendered before the last full-screen quad is not visible but according to my low framerate I can say that every single alpha blended fragments were still processed. I wonder why because HRS should be smart enough not to render anything besides the last opaque full screen quad.
Do you have any idea why HRS didn’t “discard” those alpha blended fragments under opaque one? Am I missing something or is this “normal” behavior?