Lack of functionality on legacy processors

Using PVRTexTool and a very ancient processor that lacks AVX instructions, the program has not been working properly since version 2022 R1, according to the ASTC texture decoding type in PNG.
Maybe you should add some support or comment on this when downloading the version?
I already wrote about this problem in pvrsupport when it was still there, but then I didn’t know the exact cause.

Hi faskat1967,

Welcome to the PowerVR Developer Forum!

Thanks for mentioning this issue, I reported internally to the Tools Team. They will evaluate whether to mention the requirement of AVX instructions support in the release notes or to add support for CPUs lacking those instruction sets in future releases.

Best regards,
Alejandro

Hi faskat1967,

The Tools Team would like to know the exact CPU model you are using, to consider lowering requirements in a future PVRTexTool release. Could you please provide that information?

Best regards,
Alejandro

AMD Athlon II X4 640
according to GPU-Z, I have architectures like:
SSE, SSE2, SSE3, SSE4A, AMD-V

Hi faskat1967,

Thanks a lot for providing this information, I provided it to the Tools Team.

Best regards,
Alejandro

I’m still waiting for your reply. :face_in_clouds:

Hi faskat1967,

Apologies for the delay.

The information from your CPU was reported internally to the Tools Team. It is still pending to evaluate whether to add AVX instructions support as a requirement for PVRTexTool releases not supporting this instruction set, or to add support for CPUs without AVX instruction set for future releases.

Best regards,
Alejandro