native window for Qt Linux Embedded

We know PC emulation relies on x11 (native window is x11).

What's the native window required by EGL on a real chip in a Qt Linux Embedded system(e.g. OMAP3)? Is it QWindow of QWS (Qt Windows System)?

thanks!

That choice is made by the platform provider, it may still be an X11 window.

Qt Linux Embedded runs on the top of frame buffer and has it's own windows system (QWS). There is no X server.  So I suppose we (both EGL and higher level apps) can not use x11 there.

In this case, what will happen? Who will make the choice? Who will be the platform provider? Do we have to change the code of EGL? If yes, who will/can do this? If this task involves Imagination i think probably you guys would be quite busy. There is a few of embedded native window systems what if every one wants to get accelerated.

looking forward your replies.

ubix2008-10-19 02:07:35
ubix wrote:
In this case, what will happen? Who will make the choice? Who will be the platform provider?

I cannot answer these questions as I don't know the target platform.

Yes, there is some integration work required between EGL and the window system to allow windowed rendering with EGL client APIs. If this is not done then you may only get full-screen acceleration. The necessary changes would likely be made by whichever party decided to use Qt Embedded.

I am using Qt for embedded linux and we have SGX535 GPU in our h/w which supports opengl es2 .We used opengl es2 library in Qt for hardware accelerations but we are not able to achieve it properly. 
Any one has idea on it ?