Need help getting from Blender to Android Application

I’m attempting to import a POD file that I created using the Blender export plugin into an existing Android Application. Specifically I’m trying to get this model into Examples -> Beginner -> 07_IntroducingPOD found in the SDK.

I’ve managed to get this far:

1. I’ve exported a Mesh from Blender (with camera and lighting) into POD file format using PVRGeoPOD
  2. I’ve loaded on a texture I created using PVRTexTool in PVRShaman onto the mesh.
  3. I’ve switched out the c_szSceneFile string to specify my new POD file.

The problem I’m running into is that the program always immediately exits after loading. I’ve tried a similar technique to load the POD file into other example applications, and the best result I get is a background without the actual POD piece showing.

Are there any hints or suggestions that someone could give me to get me on my way?? I’m guessing the format of the POD file is wrong somehow, but I don’t know how.

Hello,

so you change :

const char c_szSceneFile[] = “Scene.pod”;

did you Filewrap your file and put it into the content directory ?

did you associate your pvr texture to it ?

you can also copy directly your pod where you binary file will be produce.

in this demo your scene must have a camera setup and a light.

kind regards

david

Filewrap is a tool provided by the sdk and well documented as well .

Thanks for the fast response!!

Unfortunately I came up with the same error even after the Filewrap.

But just to clarify, by “associat(ing) your pvr texture to it”, would you count going into PVRShaman and assigning the texture to the POD and saving as “associating”?

Also I’m not sure where my binary file is being produced, any hints on where to find it??

Thanks in advance!

Hello

i mean in the material , you must a have a material define using a pvr texture (unless you assign it dynamically in your code ).

you node must be associated to a material then .

may you describe where your program exit ?

because it s hard to say , it could be because the texture loading problem, the way the pod had been created like :

• Indexed Triangle list
  • Non-Indexed Triangle list
  • Indexed Triangle strips
  • Non-Indexed Triangle strips

with the exact error that you experienced we can then help you more :slight_smile:

kind regards

david

pod is really cool container for mesh data , it s a bit tricky specially with material channel mapping but after that i think it s hard to live without :slight_smile:

Hi Markdavidmills,

Were you able to solve this problem?

Thanks,

Joe

Unfortunately no… I haven’t been able to go from…

Blender -> collada -> POD -> Android

Blender -> POD -> Android

… without running into this problem. I’m currently writing my own application that loads models using PVRTools hoping that the problem just occurred somewhere in the example applications due to some other coding error.

If I can get my application to get models from Blender --> PVRTools --> Android in the next month, I’ll update this thread with how.

And thanks again for all the help!!

Hello ,

Unfortunately no... I haven't been able to go from...

Blender -> collada -> POD -> Android
Blender -> POD -> Android

... without running into this problem. I'm currently writing my own application that loads models using PVRTools hoping that the problem just occurred somewhere in the example applications due to some other coding error.

If I can get my application to get models from Blender --> PVRTools --> Android in the next month, I'll update this thread with how.

if you would like i can check the process why if you provide your sample blender model or even better your exported collada model.
are you using skinning mesh ?

regards
david

I just got my model into one of the Example Applications!!

The problem was I didn’t add my POD file to the “assets” directory under Build -> Android