oglesSkinning on ios not running

i am using the SDK_2016_R2 examples to try and figure out the new framework changes. I have run through all of the examples for ios and all of them work except the oglesskinning. i am trying to understand the new pfx format and we also are using bones in most of our models that we use on our 3.2 version of the software. here is the warnings and errors that i get.

VERBOSE: OpenGL ES 3.1 NOT supported. Trying lower version…
VERBOSE: Maximum API level detected: OpenGL ES 3.0
INFORMATION: Unspecified target API – Setting to max API level : OpenGL ES 3.0
INFORMATION: 32-bit window backbuffer requested. Creating linear RGBA backbuffer (kEAGLColorFormatRGBA8).
DEBUG: EGL context creation: EGL_OPENGL_ES3_BIT
INFORMATION: window backbuffer DepthStencil Format: GL_DEPTH_COMPONENT24_OES
WARNING: PFXParser: Could not find shader with name [SkinnedVertexShader] referenced in pipeline [SkinnedEffect] for api unspecified.
WARNING: PFXParser: Could not find shader with name [SkinnedFragmentShader] referenced in pipeline [SkinnedEffect] for api unspecified.
WARNING: PFXParser: Could not find shader with name [DefaultVertexShader] referenced in pipeline [DefaultEffect] for api unspecified.
WARNING: PFXParser: Could not find shader with name [DefaultFragmentShader] referenced in pipeline [DefaultEffect] for api unspecified.
WARNING: pvr::assets::Model::Material::hasSemantic : Only Texture semantic is supported. If other semantics are tested,it will always return false. This may cause issues with Pipeline Creation in the render manager.
CRITICAL: ASSERTION FAILED:
Assertion failed: (0), function assertion, file …/…/…/…/…/…/Framework/PVRCore/Log.h, line 206.
(lldb)

it’s crashing in createDescriptorSetsAndBuffers.

if anyone has any ideas i would love to hear them.

thanks

Hello again Joel,

Which version of iOS are you trying to run the example on?
Theo

The bug you mention has been fixed after the release.

The github repository contains the fix. You can find it at
https://github.com/powervr-graphics/Native_SDK/tree/4.2

More specifically, changes are located in the following file: Framework/PVRApi/RenderManager.cpp
line 939: assertion(pipedef.descSetIsMultibuffered[setid] || materialpipeline.sets[setid].size() == 1);

thanks for the update