.Pod Animation problems on Iphone

HI im new here, just got here to haste my knowledge of iphone ,
im ordinary a Nintendo DS guy develepor.
anyway , I got a guy animation who just wont work on the iphone.
and it never want to work, i have tried almost every possible combination of pod exporter plug in on maya 2008 extension 2
even the sample ChameleonMan doesnt look good on the iphone.
first i tought a combine mesh didnt work on iphone beacuse ChameleonMan have serperate meshes
so i seperate them
it get better but it still looks sh*t
offcourse it just work fine in shaman. but not in the iphone.
i saw in the forum some guy had similiar problems.
so I tried to get to the tutorials how to, but every file is in .max so i cant see.
i dont have max.
so i tried look at it at podplayer but it doesnt work at all. just flash open and flash close just as fast.
so any idea of tutorials that EXISTS? so i can learn anything? the docuements dont tell me much.

Olzone2010-04-29 16:13:48

If your POD file is appearing correctly in PVRShaman then it has exported successfully and the reason it’s not displaying correctly on the iPhone is due to the iPhone application code i.e. the actual demo.

PODPlayer displays many PODs, but isn’t quite as complete a renderer as PVRShaman so your export settings may not be supported.

Is it possible for you to send your model to devtech@imgtec.com so I can take a look at the problem?

thx for helping and answer quickly.
i have send you the original maya files
i saw that somone have noticed that shaman can handle 4 influence in bone
and iphone only 3 ?
but that didnt work either so im out of ideas.
thx ones again

Olzone2010-05-03 11:29:36
Olzone wrote:
thx for helping and answer quickly.
i have send you the original maya files
i saw that somone have noticed that shaman can handle 4 influence in bone
and iphone only 3 ?
but that didnt work either so im out of ideas.
thx ones again

Hi,

I exported your DSboyWalk01 scene and didn't notice any problems with the animation on the iPhone when displayed with our OGLESSkinning training course. What export options are you using? When you say ChameleonMan doesn't look good do you mean when the POD file is viewed using your code? Am I correct in thinking that as you've mentioned ChameleonMan and PODPlayer you are using OGLES2?

Thanks,

Scott
Scott2010-05-04 16:19:41

I have used almost ever possible option in the Exporter,
I have talked to my programmer and we are not using your code. wehere using some other code we have license for. Matrix something for showing .pod files.
but i talked in to him that we should change to Ogles2 code and try that out.
now that you didnt have any problems.
yeah using our code, chameleonman was wierd, a hand and a fot was cut off and they didnt move at all. but rest was okay. and yes i have tried using his settings.
im not good with programming but i figure were not using Ogles2, we got a license of something else.I just actually need the pod exporter.
but i think we consider changing now.
I will return with result tomorrow, when we test it out. how it works out

thanks

/Olsson