Imagination PowerVR SDK Blog

POD generation

pvrgeopod

I am trying to create some POD models.

I have a restriction that I can't use Maya or 3DMax.

I found Milkshape3D and DeleD have Collada exporters, and I can get a pod file

using the Collada2PODGUI. But using the code from OptimizeMesh tutorial, my model is not loaded properly, The shape is somewhat there but a lot of vertices seem to be linked improperly.

I have not been able to find any guidelines for exporting models.

Anyone has any sugestions or experiences to share??

Thank you.

Hi,

Could you send your collada file and the Milkshape3D file to devtech@imgtec.com so we can take a look.

Thanks,

Scott

Is the Collada2POD translator available for anything other than Windows? I use a Mac for my development.

Thanks,

Jack

jwright wrote:
Is the Collada2POD translator available for anything other than Windows? I use a Mac for my development.

Thanks,
Jack

At the moment Collada2POD is only available for windows with a planned linux version for our next SDK release. We're also currently investigating porting it to run on a Mac.

Thanks,

Scott

Thanks for the info.

Another question: Do the .so files for the Linux version of the Maya PVRgeoPOD plug-in work for the Mac version of Maya as well?

Thanks,

Jack

Scott wrote:
jwright wrote:
Is the Collada2POD translator available for anything other than Windows? I use a Mac for my development. Thanks, Jack

Â

At the moment Collada2POD is only available for windows with a planned linux version for our next SDK release. We're also currently investigating porting it to run on a Mac.

Â

Thanks,

Â

Scott

If not a native application, then a Mac X-windows app would be the next best thing, which would probably be easier to port from the Linux version.

Thanks,

Jack

jwright wrote:
Scott wrote:
jwright wrote:
Is the Collada2POD translator available for anything other than Windows? I use a Mac for my development. Thanks, Jack

ÂÂ

ÂÂ

Thanks,

ÂÂ

Scott

If not a native application, then a Mac X-windows app would be the next best thing, which would probably be easier to port from the Linux version.

Thanks,

Jack

Actually just a command line version that works on Mac OS X would be fine for me.