PowerVR SDK 3.0 - PC Emulation Linux - SDK binaries execution error

Hi,

I am getting the following error when trying to run SDK 3.0 R2 (for Linux) binaries on my Intel machine running Ubuntu 12.04 and has Nvidia video card.

/opt/Imagination/PowerVR/GraphicsSDK/SDK_3.0/Binaries/Linux_x86_32/X11/Examples/Beginner/01_HelloAPI/OGLES2HelloAPI

eglBindAPI failed (-1076696740).

glxinfo |grep render

direct rendering: Yes

OpenGL renderer string: Quadro 600/PCIe/SSE2

GL_NV_conditional_render, GL_NV_copy_depth_to_color, GL_NV_copy_image,

GL_NV_parameter_buffer_object2, GL_NV_path_rendering,

GL_NVX_conditional_render, GL_NVX_gpu_memory_info, GL_OES_depth24,

GL_OES_fbo_render_mipmap, GL_OES_get_program_binary, GL_OES_mapbuffer,

This is after I have set:

setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH /opt/Imagination/PowerVR/GraphicsSDK/SDK_3.0/Builds/OGLES2/Linux_x86_32/Lib/

ls $LD_LIBRARY_PATH

libEGL.so libGLESv2.so

Can you please recommend what can I do (besides building them) in order to run them?

Thanks!

Hi Rasko

The libraries in the /Builds/ directory are stub libraries for used for linking. The actual libraries you should be pointing towards are located in /GraphicsSDK/PVRVFrame/EmulationLibs/, so you need to set LD_LIBRARY_PATH to something like /opt/Imagination/PowerVR/GraphicsSDK/PVRVFrame/EmulationLibs/Linux_x86_32

Thank you, Chris for the quick response.

ls /opt/Imagination/PowerVR/GraphicsSDK/PVRVFrame/EmulationLibs/Linux_x86_32/

libEGL.so libGLES_CM.so libGLESv2.so

Is there any additional installation user guide for this?

I haven’t managed to find it in the user guide:

ls /opt/Imagination/PowerVR/GraphicsSDK/SDK_3.0/Documentation/SDKUserGuideContent/

SDKUserGuideOGLES2LinuxARMv7 SDKUserGuideOGLESLinuxARMv7

SDKUserGuideOGLES2LinuxX86PCEmulation SDKUserGuideOGLESLinuxX86PCEmulation

Any way, all demos are working now. Thank you!

There is a short installation guide for the emulation libraries in the document located in:

/GraphicsSDK/PVRVFrame/Documentation/.

The confusion with the stub libraries isn’t currently addressed so I’ve asked our documentation team to take a look and make some amendments. Thanks for your help!