PowerVR SDK Sample Output Validation

Hello,

Is there any way to validate the sample output (bmp) / screen capture to testing purpose ?

Currently I am using a Pandaboard to execute the samples. They procedures are as follows.

Steps:

1. Run the sample (apk ) on pandaboard using this command

adb shell am start -a android.intent.action.MAIN -n $pkg/$act --es args "-info -c=900 -qaf=1000"

note: $pkg and $act are extracted using aapt from apk files.

Unfortunately the apk generates a different PVRShell0000.bmp to /data/data/$pkg/PVRShell0000.bmp on the Pandaboard.

Now its not possible to compare those images with reference images (extracted and stored from previous execution) using imagemagick "compare"

Regards,

Sankha

Hi Sankha,

Apologies for the delayed response.

Unfortunately the apk generates a different PVRShell0000.bmp to /data/data/$pkg/PVRShell0000.bmp on the Pandaboard.

I'm not sure what you mean here. Is the problem the images look very different?

Regards,
Joe

Hi Joe,

I have found the solution.

This was because PVRGettime() which returns diff time frame each time we execute the samples.

this can be avoided if we launch the application with below command line args:

"-info -c=$FRAME_TO_CAPTURE -qaf=$FRAME_TO_QUIT -fft=$FORCE_TIME_FRAME"

where,

FRAME_TO_CAPTURE=990

FRAME_TO_QUIT=1000

FORCE_TIME_FRAME=30

-fft is not documented in ShellSection.html

Hi Sankha,

Glad to hear you’ve solved the problem :slight_smile:

I’ve checked the 3.2 SDK PVRShell Documentation, but ‘-fft’ is already mentioned under ‘-forceframetime=N’ of the Command-Line section.

Regards,

Joe

Hello Joe,

Yes, It is there indeed.

But not found in ShellSection.html as I mentioned.

Any ways thanks for the update.

Regards,

Sankha

Hi Sankha,

Sorry, I should have clarified. The documentation for the parameter can be found here: SDK_3.2ShellDocumentationIndex.html

Regards,

Joe