I am evaluating the PowerVR Insider SDK for developing a 3D engine.
I have gotten a brief overview of the SDK by working through the demo projects and taking a look at sources / documentation.
Now I have problems with the dae > pod import workflow.
This is what I want to archive:
- load one of my scene.dae files with a project built upon the PowerVR SDK.
This is what I do:
- I have created a demo scene – a simple cube – which I export with Cheetah3D (or Cinema4D or SketchUp) to a cube.dae file.
- I am converting the cube.dae to cube.pod using PVRGeoPOD Gui 2.12 (I have tried lots of different export settings…).
- I verify the cube.pod with PVRShaman - it opens up and looks fine.
- I am copying cube.pod to the “IntroducingPOD” Example (SDK 3.0), set all references in the Xcode project
> When I try to run the Application, it instantly crashes with a EXC_BAD_ACCESS in OGLES2IntroducingPOD.cpp:573:
glVertexAttribPointer(TEXCOORD_ARRAY, 2, GL_FLOAT, GL_FALSE, pMesh->psUVW.nStride, pMesh->psUVW.pData);
I would expect:
- I was hoping to find a demo project (“POD Viewer” or so) which just loads any kind of .pod file (like PVRShaman does) to get started with the sdk.
1. Which is the right project to get started with loading my custom scene files?
2. Which export settings do I have to apply in PVRGeoPOD so the .pod works with that project?
3. Which properties are obligatory for my .dae file (Do I need textures in every material? Do I need to include a camera / a light?)
I am really stuck here – the SDK looks really great but it’s quite frustrating to get stuck right at the beginning with basic stuff.
Thanks in advance for any help.